• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle is in deep, holy cow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Didn't virgin America have upgrading captains going back to step one?
A long time ago, but that has since been fixed. All pilots upgrading keep their longevity at VA. So the most junior CA upgrade that was hired in Jan 2010 gets to keep his 3rd year FO pay into 3rd year CA pay.

Well ponder this for a second. If 9E closes up shop, there WILL be some flying to be done, and someone will step foward to fill the void. Even if it is only for a short time. ExpressJet will need pilots, regardless of growth, and I'd bet they will be going after the lion's share of the block hours available. I see employment opportunities at ExpressJet for the 9E folks, if they choose. Frankly- I'd like to have you here rather than have to compete against you with those wages and work rules. Wow- just wow. I hate it for you guys, but there will be opportunity as a result of this.

Well ponder this for a second. If 9E closes up shop, there WILL be some flying to be done, and someone will step foward to fill the void. Even if it is only for a short time. ExpressJet will need pilots, regardless of growth, and I'd bet they will be going after the lion's share of the block hours available. I see employment opportunities at ExpressJet for the 9E folks, if they choose. Frankly- I'd like to have you here rather than have to compete against you with those wages and work rules. Wow- just wow. I hate it for you guys, but there will be opportunity as a result of this.

SNAP SNAP. Time to wake up from from your fantasy. This latest 1113C is just mgmts latest wish list. I don't think the final product will be anything like what they are requesting. Try a little harder to contain your excitement.

Not to worry..you guys are next.

Its like the wishful thinking of a couple Pinnacle FO's I ran into while waiting for the train when Delta gave Mesaba away to Pinnacle corp. The most notable quote was "It will be nice to get all your jets, but I heard you will be keeping your turbo props. Maybe you all can be hired or stapled over at Pinnacle." Or something like that was how I remember it. The one thing was for sure, the guys eyes were glazed over thinking he was going to upgrade. I thought he was going to slip on his drool dripping over our planes.

PNCL is the titanic. The hull is spread wide open and folks are arguing over the next song to be played on the Lido Deck. The top brass is working out their exit packages, the bottom is already swimming. Those in the middle are just now getting the memo that this is "real" in a "O, Crap" fashion.

Swim like nemo..

Not to worry..you guys are next.

XJT is guaranteed replacement aircraft when the 145's are parked per our CPA with United. I'm not saying that we are bulletproof by any means, but there are some protections built into our CPA.

Best of luck to you guys. Hopefully there will be greener pastures for all of us sooner or later.

PNCL is the titanic. The hull is spread wide open and folks are arguing over the next song to be played on the Lido Deck. The top brass is working out their exit packages, the bottom is already swimming. Those in the middle are just now getting the memo that this is "real" in a "O, Crap" fashion.

Swim like nemo..

Daddy is on the way to the rescue at purple. Did you stop sipping the union juice finally?

Its like the wishful thinking of a couple Pinnacle FO's I ran into while waiting for the train when Delta gave Mesaba away to Pinnacle corp. The most notable quote was "It will be nice to get all your jets, but I heard you will be keeping your turbo props. Maybe you all can be hired or stapled over at Pinnacle." Or something like that was how I remember it. The one thing was for sure, the guys eyes were glazed over thinking he was going to upgrade. I thought he was going to slip on his drool dripping over our planes.
I thought the current thinking was that ya'll prop pilots transitioning to left seat RJs will have to be babysitted by experienced RJ FOs who will hold your hand and teach you how to safely fly a jet. This is the big league now, leaving your prop world behind. :rolleyes:

/sarcasm

I thought the current thinking was that ya'll prop pilots transitioning to left seat RJs will have to be babysitted by experienced RJ FOs who will hold your hand and teach you how to safely fly a jet. This is the big league now, leaving your prop world behind. :rolleyes:

/sarcasm
Biggest guarded secret in aviation, jets are easier to fly

Latest resources

Back