• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle is Going Bye Bye!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The total lack of foresight for both Delta and 9E is mind-numbing. 9E has only been doing this flying for 7 months. What airline anywhere has had postive numbers that soon into a new operation? Especially at the busiest airport in the country.... seems a little fishy to me.

The PNCL pilots are in a slow down...that has had an affect on numbers.....

It's a fine line between making a point and shooting yourself in the foot.....It would be different if we had union brand scope that protected our flying....But we don't and we are ALL replaceable.....

Work to rule works....but in this environment it can also come back to bite you in the a$$.....

Now since the PNCL pilots are taking a stand, and that stand resulted in them losing flying......A true union would reward them for taking that stand....What will we or ALPA do for them? A mention in the ALPA magazine? A Kit Darby seminar?

My guess is nothing will be done for them and several other ALPA members will rejoice when they get the PNCL flying.....Brotherhood my a$$

The PNCL pilots are in a slow down...that has had an affect on numbers.....

It's a fine line between making a point and shooting yourself in the foot.....It would be different if we had union brand scope that protected our flying....But we don't and we are ALL replaceable.....

Work to rule works....but in this environment it can also come back to bite you in the a$$.....

Now since the PNCL pilots are taking a stand, and that stand resulted in them losing flying......A true union would reward them for taking that stand....What will we or ALPA do for them? A mention in the ALPA magazine? A Kit Darby seminar?

My guess is nothing will be done for them and several other ALPA members will rejoice when they get the PNCL flying.....Brotherhood my a$$

Joe, there is NO slowdown or "FlySafe" campaign at 9E, organized or not, except maybe for a handful of pilots who think they can start a revolution by themselves. Therefore, it didn't have an "effect on the numbers" or "lose any flying". 9E's bad performance numbers for Delta were a result of terrible and unrealistic schedules from Delta. When Delta finally revamped the schedules, performance numbers went through the roof. 9E pilots made their statement with the 99.7% strike authorization vote and are letting the collective bargaining process work. Don't be making assumptions about pilots at an airline you don't work at.

I would love to of heard that meeting! Hey PNCL, ASA can do 40min turns in ATL and still get 80%+ on-time why cant you?? Plus they have to do aircraft swaps from concourse to concourse. You only have 5 planes!

9E only gets 35 min turns in ATL. Everyone else gets 40-45 min.

Joe, there is NO slowdown or "FlySafe" campaign at 9E, organized or not, except maybe for a handful of pilots who think they can start a revolution by themselves. Therefore, it didn't have an "effect on the numbers" or "lose any flying". 9E's bad performance numbers for Delta were a result of terrible and unrealistic schedules from Delta. When Delta finally revamped the schedules, performance numbers went through the roof. 9E pilots made their statement with the 99.7% strike authorization vote and are letting the collective bargaining process work. Don't be making assumptions about pilots at an airline you don't work at.

That's not what I hear.....

Listen you can't really win this argument....The only way to get what you want in negotations is to "work to rule"....It works.....

If you aren't doing that, then you really aren't trying to "raise the bar".....If you are doing it....then it probably resulted in losing the flying....

Folks we have the power we need to get what we want.....But we don't have the leverage we need because we are replaceable......

Brand scope combined with work to rule....We could turn back the clock.....No brand scope and blaming everything on Bush won't get us $h!t......

Originally Posted by jetracer5
I would love to of heard that meeting! Hey PNCL, ASA can do 40min turns in ATL and still get 80%+ on-time why cant you?? Plus they have to do aircraft swaps from concourse to concourse. You only have 5 planes!

Ah it's good to see ignorance is well and alive here still.

Not to mention - where was ASA's performance last year? Worst in the country if i remember correctly and in the same situation.

Last edited:
Joe, there is NO slowdown or "FlySafe" campaign at 9E, organized or not, except maybe for a handful of pilots who think they can start a revolution by themselves.

Then the majority of the pilots are fools. You should be following the lead of the "handful of pilots" who are trying to start a revolution. For once, Joe is right: grass roots work-to-rule guerilla wars are how contract fights are won.

Then the majority of the pilots are fools. You should be following the lead of the "handful of pilots" who are trying to start a revolution. For once, Joe is right: grass roots work-to-rule guerilla wars are how contract fights are won.

Thpppppppt

PCL128....I have always believed that we pilots could get what we wanted through working to rule......

I was one of the leaders in 1998 that used it to secure a contract that neither ALPA national nor the Democratic NMB said we could get....The company gave it to us because of the WOE campaign (withdrawl of enthusiasm)

It's also what got us our current agreement....Although I admit I didn't participate this time because I was afraid of this happening to us....

I tried to get it to happen at ASA during the CMR strike when we flew their passengers and their airplanes while they were on strike.....It didn't take....

It works.....but you need a safety net for those who are going to lay it on the line for the profession....As it stands now....I won't lay it on the line if I have to start over again at the bottom.....

If you want more people to participate....You have to protect them.....ALPA doesn't do that......

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back