• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle is Going Bye Bye!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why are the CRJ-900 pay rates so ********************ty for Pinnacle?
Because they were IMPOSED by PCL management.

Under the terms of the contract, the rate was REQUIRED to be negotiated BEFORE the aircraft could be flown. PCL wanted existing 50-seat rates, the MEC refused, so PCL management just deliberately violated the contract and put them on anyway.

There was a grievance over it, the pilots won and then, just like the Colgan grievance (which the PCL MEC also won), the company just ignored it and is appealing the ruling while continuing to do what they want.

PCL management has always pretty much done whatever they want, regardless of who it affects or how, and will only do the right thing when forced by the legal system.

Because they were IMPOSED by PCL management.

Under the terms of the contract, the rate was REQUIRED to be negotiated BEFORE the aircraft could be flown. PCL wanted existing 50-seat rates, the MEC refused, so PCL management just deliberately violated the contract and put them on anyway.

There was a grievance over it, the pilots won and then, just like the Colgan grievance (which the PCL MEC also won), the company just ignored it and is appealing the ruling while continuing to do what they want.

PCL management has always pretty much done whatever they want, regardless of who it affects or how, and will only do the right thing when forced by the legal system.

Ohh ok, IC... PCL management are a bunch of scub bags!!!

Build them up and tear them down. Anderson is an expert at that.

Delta. Greek for bully.

Well said. To base it on on-time numbers is even funnier, I'd love to know who can run on time out of that ghetto ATL anyway...even DL's numbers out of there are lower than elsewhere. We'll see, this reeks of a play-the whipsaw is out in full force.

Good luck to the 9E guys that took ATL-I have a friend that's a 900 CA I haven't talked to yet, hope there are options for you guys.

Hopefully these 900s are replaced by mainline planes.

Why? What would they be replaced with and what would it pay? These are airplanes just like any other.....it was ALPA/APA that decided some are "mainline" and some are "regional"....

As an ASA MEC insider....you are starting to show your true colors.....To bad that DAL interview didn't work out too well for you.....

I'm pretty sure these planes are owned by 9E. They're not coming to ASA or SKYW.
Yes, they are owned by 9E
N-number : N162PQAircraft Serial Number : 15162
Aircraft Manufacturer : BOMBARDIER INC
Model : CL600-2D24
Engine Manufacturer : GE
Model : CF34-8C5
Aircraft Year : 2008
Owner Name : PINNACLE AIRLINES INC
Owner Address : 1689 NONCONNAH BLVD STE 111
MEMPHIS, TN, 38132-2111
Type of Owner : Corporation
Registration Date : 01-Feb-2008
Airworthiness Certificate Type : Standard
Approved Operations : Transport

Hopefully these 900s are replaced by mainline planes.

Absolutely! We must put higher paid pilots in airplanes these days. Times may be tough for the rest of America, but Legacy pilots must be paid more. They're worth it. Pay your dues.

Yes, they are owned by 9E
N-number : N162PQAircraft Serial Number : 15162
Aircraft Manufacturer : BOMBARDIER INC
Model : CL600-2D24
Engine Manufacturer : GE
Model : CF34-8C5
Aircraft Year : 2008
Owner Name : PINNACLE AIRLINES INC
Owner Address : 1689 NONCONNAH BLVD STE 111
MEMPHIS, TN, 38132-2111
Type of Owner : Corporation
Registration Date : 01-Feb-2008
Airworthiness Certificate Type : Standard
Approved Operations : Transport

Weird, not Pinnacle Airlines Corp?

Well, ExpressJet have pretty good numbers for Delta and now we can negotiate an even better agreement since CAL dropped all the restrictions...

I think this goes to show that pilot cost is not the biggest factor. Due to Pinnacle's outdated contract, they were cheaper than just about everyone. Guess that didn't matter....

With that said, I would much rather see Comair, ASA, Expressjet (AKA good unionized carrier) get the flying.

I thought we already had the shell of the program in place from when we were slated to get the original 900s? What all would have to be done to get the program up and goin? And who owns those 900s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79%N1
Ding Ding! We have a winner!

Plus, don't you know....Skywest already has a 900 program in place. Starting one at ASA would just be too expensive now!

I know the value of a good rumour as much as anyone. However, my IP friend reports they have been told ASA is going to complete 900 certification in the near future.

Latest resources

Back