• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle is Going Bye Bye!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PNCL's performance numbers per the DCI chart that we have on our company intranet site are consistently at or near the bottom. ASA as of late with the addition of ACARS and Brad Holt(kickin a$$ and making things finally run smoother) has been near the middle. We seem to be right inline with Mother D and on most days we are ahead.

We will never be able to pass Republic, XJet and Skywest as the bulk of our flying is done from the worlds busiest airport but I'd say our numbers are pretty good now and getting better all the time.

Of course who knows, we may be the next airlline to get the cut from the DCI portfolio...but I kinda doubt it.

Doesn't ASA (SkyWest Inc.) own the gates in ATL? If so, then I would imagine ASA is very safe.

I would guess those 90's are coming to ASA. ASA also has an overwater exemption...Pinnacle does not. I have a feeling destinations in the Carribbean will grow out of ATL....

Trojan
Although I hear that Skywest now has the overwater exemption so they could easily get those 900's and fly them South of ATL. I would like to see 900's at ASA but I'm thinking not.

Although I hear that Skywest now has the overwater exemption so they could easily get those 900's and fly them South of ATL. I would like to see 900's at ASA but I'm thinking not.

I talked to Brad Holt about allocation of flying. He didn't divulge much but basically said that wherever networks are established (Maint, flow of aircraft, etc), those aircraft would be assigned to the most efficient. Now I don't necessarily disagree with you concerning SkyWest, but ASA is based and operates out of ATL, where all of PNCL flying is going on. These aircraft will fly in our system, not West (for now). I believe they will come to ASA, especially if we can keep up our numbers through the Summer with higher capacity.

Trojan

I'm pretty sure these planes are owned by 9E. They're not coming to ASA or SKYW.

Who ever hired for "potential growth"? But that has been what Comair management has been saying for months now. I personally ask the Comair CEO why we are hiring so much during this downward cycle in the industry and all he would say was that it was for "growth". Did not say where or when it is coming but I am finally optimistic for Comair.

There is no growth. They take 50s away and give you 70s/90s. That is not growth it's replacements.

But Skywest also has a base in ATL where PNCL flying is going on.......the only difference being, they already fly 900's out of said base.

Latest resources

Back