• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

pinnacle hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How do you apply! I was on there web site and I could not find an application or information on were to send a Resume’. On their Current Job openings there was not a pilot position listed.

Thanks

Mark

Pinnacle hiring will continue until next april probably but the growth will stop there at 129 crjs for a while. they are firm on the 1500 and 300. send your resume to [email protected] or if you really want an interview find someone to walk it in. They have big stacks right now. A walk in is what you need. Street captains will make about 50 something an hour but you will be on reserve for several years and probably stuck in dtw. If you want an interview and dont mind be hated by the majority go to gulfstream. Daddy will pay for it

If you had the chance to be a "street Capt." Would you take it?

Sounds like you would be on reserve for quite a while. I guess it is subjective depending on where you want to live.

I am waiting to hear back from a guard unit, I will hear whether or not I have an interview in September. Should I wait and see how that transpires or should I send my stuff in now?

Thanks

Mark

Last edited:
there are only 5 ca slots open to the street now and a few internal guys like sim instructors or training people might take them so I don't think this will continue because everyday there are a few more fo's meeting mins for capt. oh and to answer your question if you hate family and you hate any sort of quality of life then be a street captain. Just think every FO that upgrades after you will be above you in seniority. You will only get 10 days off a month with ready reserve/home reserve and in the case of pinnacle you can count on no growth for a while. So you would have to hate yourself to be a 9e street captain

Last edited:
actually flagshipper, most non-gulfstream Pinnacle guys i know, get along really well with many of the gulfstreamers.

you have no clue do you?
you've been there, what, a month.

also genius, you do know that Pinnacle WAS a PFT airline, so many of those senior captain YOU fly with, are former PFTers. Much like Comair.

Last edited:
flagshipper said:
If you want an interview and dont mind be hated by the majority go to gulfstream. Daddy will pay for it
I would be careful trashing a group of people that composes 1/4 of your pilot group, especially since you are brand new. As for being hated by the majority, I have been at 9E over a year and seem to get along well with almost everybody. Most of the captains that I fly with have good things to say about gulfstream pilots, without even knowing where I came from...it's the brand new guys they complain about. If you have anything else to say about your fellow pilots, I suggest you grow some balls and post it on our company message board.

Let the games begin!!!

Pinnacle calls off talks with pilots

Liz Fedor, Star Tribune August 21, 2004 PINN0821

Management at Pinnacle Airlines has halted contract talks with the pilots union only a few weeks after negotiations began.

Memphis-based Pinnacle flies regional routes for Northwest Airlines, and it has surpassed Eagan-based Mesaba Airlines in the number of flights flown out of Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.

"We were informed at the table that the process was going slower than they anticipated," Wakefield Gordon, chairman of the Pinnacle pilots union, said Friday. "They thought it was wise to simply break the negotiations off at this time."

The contract for about 930 Pinnacle pilots is amendable April 30, 2005, and about one-third of those pilots fly out of the Twin Cities. The rapidly growing Pinnacle is flying 44- and 50-seat Canadair Regional Jets for Northwest. Pinnacle operates a fleet of 103 CRJs and will have 129 planes by next year. Northwest holds options to acquire 175 more CRJs and Pinnacle wants to fly additional jets if the big carrier makes a CRJ purchase.

"We are one of the most, if not the most, productive pilot groups in the country," said Gordon, who leads the Pinnacle unit of the Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA). He said that it is "almost un-American" that Pinnacle pilots are paid at rates below their industry peers. A second-year co-pilot at Pinnacle would need a 50 percent raise to be on par with a co-pilot at Comair, which flies regional routes for Delta Air Lines and is at the top of the regional industry pay scales, he said.

On July 29, Pinnacle CEO Phil Trenary told Wall Street analysts that management and the pilots union had agreed to open negotiations early.

Eight to 10 bargaining sessions were held in July and August before management chose to abandon the talks this week, Gordon said. "They decided it was in their best interest to step back and go about it a different way," he said.

Only one contract topic had been discussed: training.

"While these early talks have stopped, their tone was professional," Phil Reed, Pinnacle vice president of marketing, said Friday.

He declined to elaborate on why management halted the negotiations.

"We remain optimistic about successfully completing these negotiations and will return to mutually beneficial talks at any time," Reed said.

In a message to pilots, Gordon said he doesn't expect talks to resume until December. The union is willing to restart negotiations earlier.

"We are disappointed and undeterred," he said. Pinnacle pilots will seek higher pay, better scheduling rules and a solid retirement plan.

"Pinnacle pilots are unwilling to forgo necessary contractual improvements for the promise of future growth," Gordon said in his memo to pilots.

Pinnacle's operating revenue reached $152 million in the second quarter, an increase of 39 percent.

Eagan-based Northwest is in contract talks with its pilots, and CEO Richard Anderson said Wednesday that the two sides hope to reach a deal by this fall. Northwest wants to cut pilot labor costs by $300 million a year, while the union has offered $200 million in cutbacks.

[Disclaimer] This is not a post in support of PFT. One usually does not insult ones "own" pilot group.

I agree with Saturn,
Flagshipper, if you have a problem with a very large portion of your pilot group, ie. Gulfstreamers and all the other SENIOR pilots who paid for training at THIS company, why don't you head over to our company message board and voice your concerns with your true identity.
Signed another person who has been here + 1 year. And is NOT 4-5 years away from upgrade. Much less. One more point, while your at it, lets trash all the Senior COMAIR PFT'rs who are the ones who helped negotiate one of the industry's leading regional contracts. Those PFT'rs sure gave in didn't they.

Last edited:
flagshipper said:
If you want an interview and dont mind be hated by the majority go to gulfstream. Daddy will pay for it
Now thats rich.... I agree with the above, go ahead and post your sentiments on the pilot message board and see whats comes of it. The whole time I flew at Pinnacle, I didn't hear a disparaging word about Gulfstream. except but from one Captain. That guy PFT'ed himself, so I discounted what he said since he was a raging hypocrite. Now there are ex-GIA guys in the left seat at Pinnacle, so make sure you voice your opinions when they are filling out your probationary evaluation.

Best of Luck:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back