pinnacle hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear70 said:
some rumors have the company going into classes already in session for new-hire F/O's and picking out people to be street captains right now. Just a rumor of course, but we're short on people coming into Nov and Dec.
Rumor=FACT it is happening and HAS happened.. only 1 to bite, but the next class starts next week...

dondk said:
Rumor=FACT it is happening and HAS happened.. only 1 to bite, but the next class starts next week...
Only 1 ??!! That's just weeiiiirrrd. Must've been a low-time new-hire class, or something they said to them like "You'll probably fail, but here it is anyway". Sounds like something sum "Dumba*s" down on "Non-caring" would say (editorial acknowledgement for the new JH trademark word). ;)

I think it's total B.S. not to allow our experienced F/O's who have been here for two or three years (or more) not to project their time within 90 days at some basic rate of like 75 hours per month - those are the guys who would do just fine in the upgrade class, but what do I know...

Lear70 said:
Only 1 ??!! That's just weeiiiirrrd. Must've been a low-time new-hire class, or something they said to them like "You'll probably fail, but here it is anyway". Sounds like something sum "Dumba*s" down on "Non-caring" would say (editorial acknowledgement for the new JH trademark word). ;)

I think it's total B.S. not to allow our experienced F/O's who have been here for two or three years (or more) not to project their time within 90 days at some basic rate of like 75 hours per month - those are the guys who would do just fine in the upgrade class, but what do I know...
Class actually has 24, several have the time but are scared $hitless of biting the bullet. Those who passed come/came from non glass or non-121 environments. Can't say I blame them personally... Next class of 24 starts on Monday, the powers that be are looking in that class too..

We projected 2 years ago.. but can't or better yet will not now.. Talk about forgetting a precedence. They could project, but the BS argument from the powers that be argue that with fast class dates (not out 4 months) they are not willing to let peep's slide under the 3K min (although they do, but don't say anything). I guess you can call it the double standard that we are all well aquainted with.

Lear70 said:
I agree with you on this, especially because they let applicants do this.

I was hired as a street captain on the Saab in March 2001 when I had 2200 hours. Their mins for street captains were 2500 hours. They hired me and said they'd put me in a class the day I hit 2500, which I estimated to be in eearly June. They scheduled me for the class anticipating I'd have 2500 by the June class date.

Seems if they'd do this for potential employees, they'd do it for current ones, too.

dondk said:
I guess you can call it the double standard that we are all well aquainted with.
*snicker*... that about says it all. I'm on moving days and they tried to JA me today... I just laughed and said, "No, thanks". Guess I'll be testing the waters on the new policy in Gary's office next week.

And remember, "Never compromise savings... errr... SAFETY!" Yeah, sure Phil.

Lear70 said:
*snicker*... that about says it all. I'm on moving days and they tried to JA me today... I just laughed and said, "No, thanks". Guess I'll be testing the waters on the new policy in Gary's office next week.

And remember, "Never compromise savings... errr... SAFETY!" Yeah, sure Phil.

That new policy doesn't go into effect until Sep. 15th....We need to have a junior manning refusal party!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back