• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Delta Flow-through

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is exactly why the industry is so FUBAR. They are good enough to fly your customers, but not good enough to be part of the brand? If you believed in your product, you would not be looking for ways to dilute it.

Well put....

Just as importantly, some these guys base much of their self-esteem on the type and size of planes they fly. Gen PeePants and others think they are just so superior because they are entrusted with a fatter piece of metal.

-This mentality is the equivalent of what was very popular at major airlines a very short time ago, when regionals only flew turboprops "Those commuter guys just aren't qualified to fly a jet."

-Now that most "commuters" fly jets all over the place, these pompus fools just have to come up with a new justification for their egos.

-And ACL65, stop patronizing everyone here about a single list-you pulled up the ladder that got you where you are, and are just as invested in that ladder staying up as the Gen is.

(If you doubt this assertion, maybe you should ask yourself why you are always here on the regionals board stroking your ego.... Regionals were so "a few years back," and we all know they are not talked about politely at those PTC meetings of which you brag.) Best to stay well away from the riff-raff, sir......

-Gen Lee Jr....

Last edited:
I agree. There are different standards interviewing for a major and a regional. There should be preferential interviews, but I think they should still have to interview. The Compass pilots and the 9 or 10 Mesaba pilots already have the flow in place so no interview for them, but I don't think we should just start letting regional pilots flow onto our list.

Hockey, I'm curious why you think it's important that regional pilots interview? The reason I ask is I just don't relate. I've never cared one way or another whom my employer hired. I figure the training program would take care of problem people, and have seen the process work out. Maybe you have a good reason that I'm not seeing, I'm interested in your reasoning.

Cheers

Speaking for myself and probably others, I don't want to see a all out flow. I would like to have some kind of filter, so to speak, to keep out some that don't belong. IE. the joe merchants, crj567, anyone associated with the rjdc. The black balling could be done by protecting thier seat/seniority if they choose not to flow or are NOT CHOSEN. Just to clarify, 90% are welcome and wanted, but to those 10%ers, I say we give them a big FU!!!

I agree with a filter, since we already know guys like CRJ567 couldn't fly themselves out of a paper bag. Speaking of paper bags, I hope he quickly finishes the fries at McRonalds, he has customers waiting.... He apparently has many problems, not only with finishing the fries ontime. He also dreams of cleaning the urinals and taking home the urinal cakes. That one is a bit strange, but welcome to CRJ567's life.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Well put....

Just as importantly, some these guys base much of their self-esteem on the type and size of planes they fly.

-Gen Lee Jr....

You crack me up. You must do the same. Please try to stop crying like a baby and blaming everyone but yourself for your problems. :puke: :crying: :crying:

Here's the problem. We had a pilot shortage at the regional level a few years ago. Instead of raising wages, they just lowered the requirements to the bare FAA minimums. The interview process was virtually non-existent which allowed anyone to become a regional pilot. There is now a ridiculous pilot surplus which long-term will keep our wages down. We need to hold our current requirements at the majors, create a pilot shortage, and this time raise our wages instead of lowering the hiring standards. By allowing anyone at the regionals to flow, we assure that the seats at the majors will always be filled. This is management's dream. There are many airline pilots flying today that have no business flying for an airline.

Hockey, I'm curious why you think it's important that regional pilots interview? The reason I ask is I just don't relate. I've never cared one way or another whom my employer hired. I figure the training program would take care of problem people, and have seen the process work out. Maybe you have a good reason that I'm not seeing, I'm interested in your reasoning.

Cheers

I have to agree with this. Why do (so we're being told) all these pilots at DAL care about who gets the job behind them? Do they seriously have so little to do, so little to worry about in the economy's state, so little to bicker amongst themselves about that they seriously care about who is hired behind them? Really?

Let me get this straight, supposedly you have a lot of pride in your accomplishment in making it to DAL/NWA or whateverthe********************majorairline and quite obviously only you were able to make it through the incridible, exhausting, draining and rigorous (pause and recover breath) training. However, now that you actually made it the company has since dropped training standards so that any short-bus riding rj guy can make it through. Is that it? Do you really have so little faith in your company's training that you're scared anyone can do it?

You jackasses remind me of a bunch of old women with absolutely nothing of value in their own life so they fill their days trying to run everyone else's.

Oh guys I agree, but that is the spew I was given. I am just telling you to see that put forth.
As with XJ you need the degree to flow. That takes out a lot. I am sure anyone that failed the DAL interview would be out too ;)

Well put....

Just as importantly, some these guys base much of their self-esteem on the type and size of planes they fly. Gen PeePants and others think they are just so superior because they are entrusted with a fatter piece of metal.

-This mentality is the equivalent of what was very popular at major airlines a very short time ago, when regionals only flew turboprops "Those commuter guys just aren't qualified to fly a jet."

-Now that most "commuters" fly jets all over the place, these pompus fools just have to come up with a new justification for their egos.

-And ACL65, stop patronizing everyone here about a single list-you pulled up the ladder that got you where you are, and are just as invested in that ladder staying up as the Gen is.

(If you doubt this assertion, maybe you should ask yourself why you are always here on the regionals board stroking your ego.... Regionals were so "a few years back," and we all know they are not talked about politely at those PTC meetings of which you brag.) Best to stay well away from the riff-raff, sir......

-Gen Lee Jr....

For you info SIR, I will be more than happy to fly an RJ on DAL's list. I do not care about the size of jet. Just the pay and QOL.

Here's the problem. We had a pilot shortage at the regional level a few years ago. Instead of raising wages, they just lowered the requirements to the bare FAA minimums. The interview process was virtually non-existent which allowed anyone to become a regional pilot. There is now a ridiculous pilot surplus which long-term will keep our wages down. We need to hold our current requirements at the majors, create a pilot shortage, and this time raise our wages instead of lowering the hiring standards. By allowing anyone at the regionals to flow, we assure that the seats at the majors will always be filled. This is management's dream. There are many airline pilots flying today that have no business flying for an airline.
Nice idea, but do you really think that the pilots will be given control of hiring standards at any airline? Maybe you should start with scope first...

Latest resources

Back