Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As an aside, I strongly support:

ASA + SKYWEST = ONE LIST.

I think we are picking the wrong fight right now: what we really should be working for is unity between Salt Lake and Atlanta. One list would solve a lot of problems between our two groups, some of which we don't even know about yet.

Just reading over this thread makes me wonder why I ever considered anything I read on flightinfo as "representative" of the mentality of pilots in general.

So long, fellas. It's been real.

Well, there you have it. Flow through is a bad idea. Said and done.

Therefor, it's time to press on without them. Negotiate with management to recapture the 70 seat flying, and make sure it appears as "business decision" on the part of management. Allow a "slow unwind".

Grab the CPZ 175s. We already represent the CPZ pilots, and need to hire for the 175, so they get onboard via the flow.

Next order of business, terminate all 70+ seat flying done by wholly owned DCI. Pay the cancellation penalties, or let the contracts lapse on the rest.

Park Comair outright, terminate all the employees, and sell the aircraft. Rewind Mesaba to flying only Saabs, and do the same as Comair to the rest.

Remember, they didn't want to play, so no whining. You guys can collect unemployment.

It's a setup. Don't play ball, and this scenario is very real. Management is tired of the games and the piss poor service.

Nu

If this scenario occurs, then I'm sure the mainline pilots who are saved from furlough will be grateful to be flying RJs for 30+ bucks an hour right seat (current DCI rates).

The reality is, whether one flies for mainline or a regional, is that the entire industry has too much capacity given the market-place demands--there will be reductions at all levels.

When times are good, they are good for everyone (hiring at mainline means hiring at regionals). When times are bad, they are bad for everyone.

But flow-throughs now clearly are designed to shelter mainline pilots from furlough--and are "unfair" in the sense that regional pilots don't have a mainline seniority number so they too can flow up (like the recalled mainline pilot) when times are good.

Put regional pilots on an equal footing--give them a mainline seniority number--THEN we can reasonably discuss flow-ups/flow backs.

Oh, and if management is "tired" of the poor performance, they only have to look in the mirror--at least in ATL/CVG, the gates/ground handling is accomplished by mainline employees.

Blow a cow.
Your mom was unavailable!

BCpilot81 said:
I could tell you if she got her f@ce out of my lap.
Yeah, she thought it was a pubic hair till it peed! She says, "thanks for the laugh, TINY":laugh:

Last edited:
Your mom was unavailable!

Yeah, she thought it was a pubic hair till it peed! She says, "thanks for the laugh, TINY":laugh:
I fear for the traveling public that you may be at the controls of their plane.

exactly how old are you? 15?

you are a shining example of how clueless interviewers can be.

As an aside, I strongly support:

ASA + SKYWEST = ONE LIST.

I think we are picking the wrong fight right now: what we really should be working for is unity between Salt Lake and Atlanta. One list would solve a lot of problems between our two groups, some of which we don't even know about yet.
ditto

I fear for the traveling public that you may be at the controls of their plane.

exactly how old are you? 15?
As much as that turns you on.:blush: NO!

you are a shining example of how clueless interviewers can be.
Said the guy looking for little boys who's stuck at a regional.

Latest resources

Back