• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're welcome.

You're welcome again.

Make sure you wear your hat.

Nobody's perfect!

Well, while you're waiting, would you like to join speedtape in raking the winter leaves from my yard?

Good and whitty- I'd pop you a quick salute if there were an icon for it...........I'm not good for raking much, but I do plow good.

A few are already beer cans but 30 or so will be coming back next summer at the latest.
Then come the MD 90's. Our little route buddy Bob stated that he wanted to replace two RJ's with one MD 90. Now there are over 130 that DAL feels they can get if they want em. Price about 8 million a copy.

FYI....only 119 MD-90's were ever built of which over 100 are still in revenue service for various airlines all over the world.

Me thinks you make this sh*t up as you go and hope nobody calls you on it. Just a thought.

You can think that. I am also including the ones that China made on contract with MD. Thay are included in DAL's figures.

You can think that. I am also including the ones that China made on contract with MD. Thay are included in DAL's figures.

China can't make decent tools, or anything else, for that matter. Seriously, if you want to add a whole new level of frustration to your life, try working on a car with Chinese tools. You'll bust just about every socket in the set before you're finished. That said- is anyone looking at their aircraft with a raised eyebrow? Just about everything they manufacture is pure garbage with no reliability or longevity. China is synonymous with crap. If I were you, I'd not bid their MD-90.

I did not say we were going to buy them, I said they were available.

To date the board as approved a total of 35 MD-90's. That can be raised if we find ones that we are willing to purchase.
Now the 15 or so that we are actively looking at in China were produced here. It has a lot of red tape associated with it. We need the airlines' approval as well as the Chinese government.
In effect a very lengthy process.
We did get three last month from Hello Airlines in Switzerland though.

Only two MD-90's were ever made in China before the production line was halted by Boeing and those are included in the total production of 119. Nice try though. I hope Delta management thinks these things through a little better than you do.

Latest resources

Back