• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinacle starting to interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys are really morons that throw mud like this...

There are idiots/weird things at every airline.... the time I was jumpseating on an airbus and the FO selected 5500 feet to join the glideslope on the FGP going into Denver.... the Delta pilots that literally cannot think... you guys at mesaba that carry enough fuel in the saab to go to tokyo when youre only flying to toledo...

Go to work... fly standard.. do it right..try to have some fun... go home. It's a job... j-o-b.

screwed_again said:
(apparently MGMT thought their procedures on the ramp weren't the problem)

Screwed, in your own post you said what the problem is WITH EVERY AIRLINE IN THE UNITED STATES: Management.

PeanuckleCRJ said:
you guys at mesaba that carry enough fuel in the saab to go to tokyo when youre only flying to toledo...

Now that is funny stuff. Problem is that the PIC has zero authority in fuel (other than to make sure some is onboard) management and weight and balance at Mesaba.

Difficult childhood, Tin?

TinGoose1 said:
PCL,

I don't get my information from this board, I get it from interacting with your pilot group first hand. Second, PCL is canceling flights due to lack of crews. Third, anyone that listens to ATC when they fly can hear for themselves how accurate my accusations are. Ask any MSP/DTW controller how much respect your pilot group deserves. I just can't imagine why anyone would WANT to fly at your company. This isn't flame bait, it's the truth. The fact that your offended doesn't change the accuracy of my posts. PCL isn't a good place to work. I find it strange that you find my opinion insulting, yet others who make jokes about the extreme cultural diversity(languages) at your company don't. You really should stop trying to spread to much of your PCL sunshine, no one believes it.

On a last note, it isn't just the two accidents. How about running off the PLN runway, wanting to ditch behind a thunder storm, missing mountain tops on improper missed approaches, demanding type 4 because it's snowing at the destination, not accepting holding instructions because you can't plug it into your FMS, and the list goes on and on. If you would like more examples, just give me a couple days and I'll have some new material.

Tin, I am sorry you had such a difficult childhood. I hope you will feel better about yourself soon.

Listen to this guy. He speaks for the whole world, doesn't he? He speaks for the entire industry, Air traffic controllers, NWA management. Give me a break. Speaks for yourself and not others.

NW management doesn't disrespect Pinnacle. It's Pinnacle, Mesaba, and their own Northwest pilots. (Ask NW guys.) NW ground crew are mean to Pinnacle AND Mesaba. We all got the red head.

Prop strikes? Mesaba chopped somebody's hand. Eagle, Express Jet, they have hit people with their props. Well, people ran into them. No pilots wants to see people parts all over the ramp.

Going off the runway? Express Jet in Cleveland? Skywest losing control on T/O? Eagle landing hard enough to settle on the grass in Puertorico?

ASA landing on a taxiway in ATL? FEDEX bending metals here and there or got burnt to ashes? American pilots not being able to shoot approaches in IMC?

These are all found in NTSB.gov

I hope you will get over your size problem and start feeling better about yourself.

mayoplane said:
Tin, I am sorry you had such a difficult childhood. I hope you will feel better about yourself soon.

Listen to this guy. He speaks for the whole world, doesn't he? He speaks for the entire industry, Air traffic controllers, NWA management. Give me a break. Speaks for yourself and not others.

NW management doesn't disrespect Pinnacle. It's Pinnacle, Mesaba, and their own Northwest pilots. (Ask NW guys.) NW ground crew are mean to Pinnacle AND Mesaba. We all got the red head.

Prop strikes? Mesaba chopped somebody's hand. Eagle, Express Jet, they have hit people with their props. Well, people ran into them. No pilots wants to see people parts all over the ramp.

Going off the runway? Express Jet in Cleveland? Skywest losing control on T/O? Eagle landing hard enough to settle on the grass in Puertorico?

ASA landing on a taxiway in ATL? FEDEX bending metals here and there or got burnt to ashes? American pilots not being able to shoot approaches in IMC?

These are all found in NTSB.gov

I hope you will get over your size problem and start feeling better about yourself.

Do you know what is funny about your post, Mayoplane? PCL has had all these accidents at least once... I'VE talked to MEM controllers about PCL, and they laugh and laugh, they say PCL sucks. Oh, and the XJ hand chopping incident, wasn't that a previous PCL ramp crew???? Sorry, I had to call you on that one...

Peace out!

You people are a real class act. Since you've been proven wrong about our compleation factor and reason for cx's you now have to resort to name bashing and making unsubstansiated<sp?> claims. When someone gets hurt it shouldn't matter who they work for and who they have worked for, it's a tragedy all around. All of you that think you know so much about PCL, if you have the balls to say where you work I bet we could tell you what kind of history your company has.

screwed_again said:
Oh, let's not forget about the Hibbing accident in 1994, or the rampy that was killed in MSP or the rampy that was ALMOST killed by a Saab prop in MSP AFTER the previous rampy was killed (apparently MGT thought their procedures on the ramp weren't the problem).

Oops, this wasn't PCL, this was Express-completely different!!

While we're at it lets talk about AA 1284 where the CA (the DFW CP) felt it was safe to land in a 76KT cross wind. Killed himself and I believe 20 PAX. We can also discuss the LIT incident where the COEX manager was killed on the ramp by the prop of an ATR. CO 1716 which killed over 40 people because the Flight deck crew didn't bother to have the airplace deiced. Also I'll check with someone thats been at the company longer than I, but I don't think PCL has ever had it's own ramp crews in MSP (even when we were express).

mayoplane said:
Prop strikes? Mesaba chopped somebody's hand.

In the interest of accuracy, it was a Mesaba flight, however it was a Pinnacle agent who dropped the paperwork and chased it into the running prop, thus losing fingers.

arthompson said:
Also I'll check with someone thats been at the company longer than I, but I don't think PCL has ever had it's own ramp crews in MSP (even when we were express).

Yes, Express did have their own ground agents and for a number of years. They used to be on opposite sides on the airport. Mesaba had their own rampers, gate agents, etc. and Express had their own.

When Express/Pinnacle went south, some quit, some moved, and many came over to XJ.

Ground agents at Express used to give the pre-departure briefing on the Junkstreams.

Latest resources

Back