Pinacle starting to interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What Does Mgmt Know?

Before Ch 11 NWA put $300 mil of the PNCL stock it owns as a contribution into its pension plan. They put in $0 of MAIR stock. Mesaba goes Ch11, PNCL doesn't - $300 mil now worth $200 mil (but not $0) MAIR stock now worth $0. If that contribution goes away they are on the hook to make it up (unless they dump the pension plans - but that is another topic)

PNCL is interviewing and class starting again.

It does seem to form a picture. Just not sure what the ending will be.

The word I got is 70 seaters is a done deal. Memo from management in 30 days. NW trying to get super seniority or Jets4jobs.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. I don't want 70-seaters... but if NWA mainline isn't going to get them, I hope it's either us or Mesba... as long as it's NOT some new 3rd red-headed step child to whipsaw each other against.

If they DO come here, NWA pilots are WELCOME to super-seniority in them as far as I'm concerned. As long as we can keep our seats, we don't reduce the 50-seat fleet, and it doesn't detract anyone's quality of life currently on property AND we get flow-through when things change in the next 5-7 years, WHO CARES ??!!

Lear70 said:
They also announced they will be hiring and training 64 pilots PER MONTH. Again, no sh*t, 64 pilots. A couple of us cornered Terry during a smoke break and asked him WTF? He said he hasn't been told, but he HAS been instructed to find 64 pilots per month starting in January.

There were two Check Airmen there looking for other jobs and they said the company is actively looking for more Check Airmen again as well. All of this points to either:

a. Massive hiring just before massive furloughs as propaganda against our MEC or NWA's MEC.

b. Massive hiring because senior management knows something they haven't announced yet.

Not spreading rumors, I have NO clue which of the above (or even other possibilities) it might be, just reporting what went down at AIR, Inc.

Company is looking for 20 checkairmen for Jan, the checkairman attrition is not that high.

I have heard the 64 number too.. although I cannot see us training that many that quickly. Proof of something happening will be in the form of a vacancy, and the company will have to post one in the next few weeks if they want anything to happen.

NEWSOUTH said:
The word I got is 70 seaters is a done deal. Memo from management in 30 days. NW trying to get super seniority or Jets4jobs.

Hey why don't they just give PNCL the A319's then they wouldn't have to buy 70 seat airplanes and not have to deal with the 50 seat airplanes. Then you guys can operate the A319's at CRJ-200 pay and we will all be happy. SAVE THIS AIRLINE!!!

Qantas

saabingitagain said:
Um, you mean Qantas? Those silly blokes down under don't believe in the whole u after q rule :erm:

It's not even that. QANTAS is actually an ackronym. It stands for Queensland and Northern Territories Air Service.

Adam

Pinnacle interviewees....

Has anyone been to the recent interviews?? Would like to hear from you folks.

Lear70 said:
I've said it once and I'll say it again. I don't want 70-seaters... but if NWA mainline isn't going to get them, I hope it's either us or Mesba... as long as it's NOT some new 3rd red-headed step child to whipsaw each other against.

If they DO come here, NWA pilots are WELCOME to super-seniority in them as far as I'm concerned. As long as we can keep our seats, we don't reduce the 50-seat fleet, and it doesn't detract anyone's quality of life currently on property AND we get flow-through when things change in the next 5-7 years, WHO CARES ??!!

You might want to talk to some Eagle people about that whole super seniority thing and see what they have to say about it...

Read what I said a little more closely. I didn't suggest anything like what Beagle has.

I specifically said IF we can keep our seats (jobs), we don't reduce the 50-seat fleet, and no one's QOL is hurt, I'd agree to it.

In other words, it would NOT allow NWA pilots to take jobs away from people already sitting in the aircraft. It WOULD allow for NWA pilots to take every NEW seat that comes available from NEW deliveries of 50-, 70-, and/or 90- seaters.

That's the only way I'd vote for it, IF it ever came to pass...

Unfortunately, I don't believe they're going to keep Scope. I could be wrong, but a bankruptcy judge is going to look at NWA pilots and say, "Why should I allow you to keep your restrictive Scope language when every other company in the nation doesn't have anything NEARLY as restrictive for management?"

I still believe the 70- seaters will be going to a red-tail affiliate. JMHO.

Latest resources

Back