Pinacle starting to interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PeanuckleCRJ said:
you guys at mesaba that carry enough fuel in the saab to go to tokyo when youre only flying to toledo...

Wow, DennyCRJ... that certainly sounds like a dangerous thing to do. Thank you for pointing that out. :rolleyes:

...was pointing out oddities that can cause some operational problems at each airline. The saab with you guys is really only a 28 or so passenger airplane.

On the other hand, theyve been trying to short us on contingency fuel recently. Nothing a call to dispatch can't solve...but is a pain in the butt if we're running behind.

ROFLMFAO!!! :D :D :D

Forgot about THAT particular language, and that's OH so true.

"Who dat?"
"Where u be?"
"Whatchu want?"
"Oh you better back dat sh*t up... nother plane be on da ground for dat gate."

No joke. But if you're not in a hurry, it's pretty funny to listen to.

LOL...hahaha thats so true, thats the funniest sh#t ever man..Im still laughing my arse off.....

Hey, this is fun. While we are at it, lets look at Mesaba's safety record. Other than Mechs playing crash-up-derby with the Avro in MEM, in over 50 years of operation we have never injured a pax or totalled an aircraft! Knocking on wood. (other than the guy who go a windshield wiper blade in his thigh after it got knocked off by a goose and hit the prop... but that was just FREEKY)
Is it due to luck, superior pilots, safety culture?? Who knows.. But it is worth pointing out.

saabingitagain said:
Hey, this is fun. While we are at it, lets look at Mesaba's safety record. Other than Mechs playing crash-up-derby with the Avro in MEM, in over 50 years of operation we have never injured a pax or totalled an aircraft! Knocking on wood. (other than the guy who go a windshield wiper blade in his thigh after it got knocked off by a goose and hit the prop... but that was just FREEKY)
Is it due to luck, superior pilots, safety culture?? Who knows.. But it is worth pointing out.

Ok so Rain Man can add XJ to his list in addition to Quantas...definitely Quantas...Quantas.

Rook

Pinnacle

I have an interview coming up in about a week. Can anyone, current Pinnacle FO's, give me the real low down on a typical day, week, month there. Is it really that bad? What are some good points of the company? Whats training like? Any insight would be very helpful for me. Thanks in advance!

It's a good place. We have our shear of disgruntled pilots like everywhere else, but they already have a job, so they bioach load. Training, like someone putting a fire hose of info in your mouth and turning it on high. Do well on the interview. Be yourself. Good luck.

sigler said:
So what´s this "special" ERAU program?
The Embry Riddle "CAPT" program.

It's run completely separate of ERAU and costs around $80,000. No joke, $80,000 to take you from Private through Commercial Multiengine Instrument rating, 250+ hours, plus around 150-200 hours in an MD-90 sim and a FULL (not SIC) MD-90 Type Rating with a PIC restriction until you can hold an ATP.

At this point, you get hired by Pinnacle (or some other regionals participating). I don't know WHY we are hiring these people, but we are.

I was down at the AIR, Inc career fair in Atlanta on Saturday, these guys got up and spoke, here is a direct quote that had every REAL pilot in the room rolling their eyes (including the 30 or so Pinnacle pilots that were near enough to see each other):

"People say that there's no substitute for experience; we disagree. Experience does NOT equal judgment."

Are you fu*king sh*tting me???!!! Moron.

Back to the Pinnacle info, our guys got up and laid down the $200 a week per diem, paid hotel, and a $1,000 signing bonus upon successful completion of O.E. They still only got about 12 resumes from qualified applicants. 12. All afternoon. They weren't happy - looked pretty pissed off actually.

They also announced they will be hiring and training 64 pilots PER MONTH. Again, no sh*t, 64 pilots. A couple of us cornered Terry during a smoke break and asked him WTF? He said he hasn't been told, but he HAS been instructed to find 64 pilots per month starting in January.

There were two Check Airmen there looking for other jobs and they said the company is actively looking for more Check Airmen again as well. All of this points to either:

a. Massive hiring just before massive furloughs as propaganda against our MEC or NWA's MEC.

b. Massive hiring because senior management knows something they haven't announced yet.

Not spreading rumors, I have NO clue which of the above (or even other possibilities) it might be, just reporting what went down at AIR, Inc.

Latest resources

Back