• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinacle starting to interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What are the odds of getting MSP right away if one were to be hired?

updraft said:
ok soo 200 multi??
I was being sarcastic... I have no CLUE what they're looking for to hire people outside of the "special" ERAU program.

Getting MSP? Pretty easy these days; new-hires are projected into all three bases on a regular basis.

Lear70 said:
I was being sarcastic... I have no CLUE what they're looking for to hire people outside of the "special" ERAU program.

Getting MSP? Pretty easy these days; new-hires are projected into all three bases on a regular basis.

Any guess as to whats in store for Pinnacle these days with everything going on?

Boondock Saint said:
Any guess as to whats in store for Pinnacle these days with everything going on?

The Magic 8-ball says "To early to say, ask again later."

That, my friend, is the $25,000 question. Pinnacle, Mesaba, and NWA pilots are all asking the same thing.

Don't know... They're hiring for attrition but losing more low- and mid-seniority F/O's to other regionals than anything else. That alone should tell you something.

Everything's up in the air until:

1. We find out exactly what NWA is going to do with their pilot's agreement and scope concessions.

2. We find out exactly what NWA plans to do with our ASA - worst case scenario: they dump us and give our CRJ's to Mesaba. Best case scenario: we get 70 seaters (I don't want this, but SOMEONE is going to get them, and if it's not mainline, I'd rather it be us - no offense to MSA or others).

3. We find out what Phil's going to do with our 2nd certificate and our own ongoing negotiations.

All of that is MONTHS away, too far out to wait on making a decision to come here or not.

You takes yer chances... one way or another.

Gentlemen

Hey guys stop bashing foreign accents and rampers! Lack of understanding of people who are slightly diffrent from you is the basis on which racism and oppression is formed.
There is nothing more ugly to me than a Pilot swearing at a black ramper and calling him names because of his Ignorance. You get what you pay for but I do not like anyone feeling comfortable enough to curse at people who are a product of a system that enslaved and retarded their development.
Most RACIST do not even know that they are racist but it shows in their comments and in their actions.
I flew with a lighter skinned brother the other day with a black soul who told me he flew with a white captain and flight stewardess who kept cursing and making humilating remarks about blacks espercially rampers because of his mother being white they assumed he was white and felt comfortable enough to express themselves in this manner. He was disgusted and finally put the captain in check. But I was so turn off by the details he shared with me I had to force myself not to be suspicous of most people who say hello to me.
People human beings have bad in them on all sides we must work hard to be diffrent and understand other races and cultures no matter how frustrating it can get sometimes.
Do not push or encourage racist remarks on a public site like this you offend black people like me.

Speedbird34 said:
people who are a product of a system that enslaved and retarded their development.

Why do you blame the airlines for enslaving and retarding peoples development? Oh, you mean...

Thanks for slaming black people by saying their delopment was "retarded." Maybe you need to take your own advice. I know several smart black people who would have a thing or two to say to you.

By the way, they aren't called "stewardess" anymore. They are called "sky waitress." Get it right.

Butter's my man!

Butters I do not get it! Your point? As a black man I am completely aware of our shortcomings as a race. I understand we have a high degree of responsibility for our destiny. I also understand that the system of slavery and abuse that took place historically contributed greatly to the poverty and backwardness that exist in our black communities.
Do I pretend we do not have issues. Some people would like to having done well in life or as you call them your smart black freinds who would have words for me. Let me tell you something Butters. I am one of those your smart black freinds. But I am sincere enough to desire progress and understanding amoung the diffrent races while calling for us all to be progressive and help each other. The world has both white and black people in need of help. The great problem being poverty and lack of education, poor family structure and father's in prison. If you do not make an effort to direct Kids in a positive way which the white families do better due to have a better structure and also being the more wealthy in society then you have the young ramper who you condemn so readily.
I love race discussions because only by sharing a diffrent perspective with white gentlemen like yourself can I contribute to change and bring better understanding and reduced division amoung the races.

Butter's my man! Have you ever tried to make freinds with a ramper. Or to find out about his life! probably too far below you on the pole of life.
I will tell you a story about an American pilot who flew in Africa and I by no means feel his method of relating to Black people was or should be a model. But he talked to those rampers, not just a nod or a hello. he asked about their existance and even helped them push a cart at times. They adored him and admired him and listened to his advice about improving themselves. First you make freinds and then you share ideas. They also shared with him some of their own Ideas which he may have found useful.
The smart black freind is not the challenge. Some may be hypocrites too scared of you to truely express themselves, afraid of losing your freindship or their jobs. Maybe their sense of belonging or being your peer. I know the horror stories. My white freind tells me "I had a black freind in highschool. he stole from me". You do not have to bring him into your home. I know many non blacks out there who i will not bring into my home. but I will still relate with them and find common ground on some issues. Definitely they will leave me with their dignity intact and feeling respectable.
Me I just tell it as it feels to me. I do not want to be one of those who was silent. I have watched too many films on genocide like that which took place in Rwanda and I speak now to raise awareness and prevent such evil from even beginning to form. I am never able to find a fitting punishment for those who rape, murder and kill women,children and men in the name of race. So I keep my voice loud and clear on such issues and I am willing to pay whatever price it cost me to prevent such evil from growing.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back