Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear70

Hello Rich--

One thing that nobody seems to be considering is that as a new hire at 9E you will have the chance to learn at least 2 foreign languages, or the English language if you don't already know it.

To me, that is worth a min of $75.00 on the W-2 (per language).

Just a consideration.

***You for sure learn a new language while working in MEM. After 2 years I still can not understand the rampers...which way u at???? (I think that means where are you going), set da rack....set the WHAT, what in the F*CK, where u at......forget about it when the headsets don't work...I see new hand signals 3x a day.

Sean said:
Hello Rich--

One thing that nobody seems to be considering is that as a new hire at 9E you will have the chance to learn at least 2 foreign languages, or the English language if you don't already know it.

To me, that is worth a min of $75.00 on the W-2 (per language).

Just a consideration.

***You for sure learn a new language while working in MEM. After 2 years I still can not understand the rampers...which way u at???? (I think that means where are you going), set da rack....set the WHAT, what in the F*CK, where u at......forget about it when the headsets don't work...I see new hand signals 3x a day.
ROFLMFAO!!! :D :D :D

Forgot about THAT particular language, and that's OH so true.

"Who dat?"
"Where u be?"
"Whatchu want?"
"Oh you better back dat sh*t up... nother plane be on da ground for dat gate."

No joke. But if you're not in a hurry, it's pretty funny to listen to. :cool:

Dash Trash

DashTrash400 said:
Classic! Been a Pinnacle FO for 8 months and he's welcoming us to the profession! Heheh, I love it!

I don't really know why it is you are trying to take a pot shot, because I was freight dogging before this just like yourself. I may be only roughly a year old in the airline side of things, but I'm not quite as wet behind the ears as you would like to make me out to be. Have a nice day.... Or as they say in Memphis.. Nice deezy fa sheezy.. Thas wasssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuup......

Later

Sig

Last edited:
Winged Sig 599 said:
Have a nice day.... Or as they say in Memphis.. Nice deezy fa sheezy.. Thas wasssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuup......
Who the hell says THAT? The same guys that keep saying "dude" every 7 seconds? Must be getting old.

And the ground ops people don't say "Have a nice day" or anything of the sort, even when you say that to them, they just unplug the headset and drive off... giving you whatever "finger" that seems appropriate - a thumb if you're LUCKY. ;)

I think you're mistaking MEM uneducated lingo with DTW ghettolicious "cool" lingo. :D

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back