Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots wearing backpacks??? lets get campy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SkyBoy1981 said:
Congrats on that. Hope you enjoy retirement.

As far as the original post, there are a lot of female purses now that resemble backpacks (I only know this because my younger sister has one of these). I've seen several female pilots with them. Although they go around the shoulders like a conventional backpack, they are much smaller and are considered to be more like a purse.

Well, if flying ever falls through you could write fashion columns for Cosmo!

Spinplate said:
Well, if flying ever falls through you could write fashion columns for Cosmo!
I doubt that I would live up to their expectations...but maybe then I could pay my car off at least. :)

I have a backpack when I am gone for more than a 4 day trip.. I think it shows the trend of the airline industry when pilots are having to be gone from home more and have less commutable schedules... Maybe the airlines could get better at making more attractive schedules! Then there would be less backpacks

Sorry, just couldn't resist

Holy Shiite said:
I have a seen what appear to be a few new hires at comair wearing backpacks.
This while in uniform and on the job. Both Pilots were female if that makes any difference? IMO, this is very unprofessional and certainly looks cheezy. Do any other regional airlines allow this? I am sure no majors allow this as part of the "standard" uniform. What's the consensus here? Is it ok to "get campy?" I'm ready to puke. HS

You sure that they weren't Gulfstream Academy "First Officer Trainees" going to class in the 1900 or the 120?

They usually go good with the "thick sole" Doc Marten's. Complete CFI get-up. Whenever my wife gets home from a no-rev trip she usually comments on how sloppy some of the crews were dressed, I guess I've just grown used to it.

trip said:
They usually go good with the "thick sole" Doc Marten's. Complete CFI get-up. Whenever my wife gets home from a no-rev trip she usually comments on how sloppy some of the crews were dressed, I guess I've just grown used to it.

Or maybe she is trying to make you feel better. What was she doing checking them out in the first place? Hmmmmmm.

Latest resources

Back