Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots wearing backpacks??? lets get campy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Holy Shiite

I have a seen what appear to be a few new hires at comair wearing backpacks.
This while in uniform and on the job. Both Pilots were female if that makes any difference? IMO, this is very unprofessional and certainly looks cheezy. Do any other regional airlines allow this? I am sure no majors allow this as part of the "standard" uniform. What's the consensus here? Is it ok to "get campy?" I'm ready to puke. HS

....And they're off!!!!

Holy Shiite said:
I have a seen what appear to be a few new hires at comair wearing backpacks.
This while in uniform and on the job. Both Pilots were female if that makes any difference? IMO, this is very unprofessional and certainly looks cheezy. Do any other regional airlines allow this? I am sure no majors allow this as part of the "standard" uniform. What's the consensus here? Is it ok to "get campy?" I'm ready to puke. HS

We had some people wear Backpack at Corpex (Regions Air) when ever they were flying "Naps" or CDO's. No one every complained about it to them. I myself just carried a little Laptop bag with everything I needed on CDO's.

Who cares? If this is such a big deal to you, approach the pilots in question directly, if you have the guts.

Otherwise, get a life.

this issue came up a while back in the "no hat" thread.

At ASA it's against the uniform policy, but some people still do it.

I agree, it looks a bit cheesy especially on a 20 something pilot. Too much of a high school student look.

JMHO

BlackPilot628 said:
We had some people wear Backpack at Corpex (Regions Air) when ever they were flying "Naps" or CDO's. No one every complained about it to them. I myself just carried a little Laptop bag with everything I needed on CDO's.

How long ago were you at Regions?

Yanks offended because he wears a backpack too.

Yank is killing his last week before retirement. No backpack, no suitcase, no hotel.

I'm not "offended". I just find it amusing how so many people think what others do is their business, and will do whatever it takes to MAKE it their business. Except anything that will actually matter.

Sounds like you too could use a life.

Yank McCobb said:
Yank is killing his last week before retirement. No backpack, no suitcase, no hotel..
Congrats on that. Hope you enjoy retirement.

As far as the original post, there are a lot of female purses now that resemble backpacks (I only know this because my younger sister has one of these). I've seen several female pilots with them. Although they go around the shoulders like a conventional backpack, they are much smaller and are considered to be more like a purse.

Latest resources

Back