• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots and Backpacks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who called the Misogynist Club meeting? Anyone want to bet you guys don't talk like that to your ladies?

If you have girlfriends, that is.

Backpack=man purse, but you can call it any thing, sachel, backpack, whatever, Joy Behar has one.....

This cracks me up. What's wrong with throwing a backpack on top of a rollaboard as you wheel down the terminal?

I've had IP's/squadron mates, who have been mission commanders of strike packages (>50 aircraft) in combat, who wear backpacks to work! These guy must be totally unprofessional! One of the best Wing Commanders i've ever had wore a backpack to work...everyone still respected the he!! out of him!

I know it's somewhat apples to oranges but not really...we're all professionals! Not to mention most of the guys i'm referring to are airline guys as well, and they still use backpacks...

Here's my meaning of the height of hypocrisy. The same clowns who HATE the hat are the same ones who wear a baseball cap 24/7. Ugh...... Nothing like looking like a teenage boy for the rest of your life....:rolleyes:

Almost all my tanker buddies fly with baseball caps. They must be totally unprofessional!

I guess the day of airline pilots wearing Dockers and golf-shirts with sneakers isn't too far behind......

Cut out the sneakers (add decent dress shoes)...and that sounds perfect!

This cracks me up. What's wrong with throwing a backpack on top of a rollaboard as you wheel down the terminal?

I've had IP's/squadron mates, who have been mission commanders of strike packages (>50 aircraft) in combat, who wear backpacks to work! These guy must be totally unprofessional! One of the best Wing Commanders i've ever had wore a backpack to work...everyone still respected the he!! out of him!

I know it's somewhat apples to oranges but not really...we're all professionals! Not to mention most of the guys i'm referring to are airline guys as well, and they still use backpacks...

Almost all my tanker buddies fly with baseball caps. They must be totally unprofessional!

Cut out the sneakers (add decent dress shoes)...and that sounds perfect!

THIS cracks ME up.
Were we talking about tanker pilots? NO...airline pilots. Sorry, but if your UNIFORM regs say NO backpacks and wear the hat, then that's what you should do. Seems pretty simple to me.

Were we talking about tanker pilots? NO...airline pilots.

All of them are airline pilots (Guard guys) as well and still carry their backpacks on airline trips.

Sorry, but if your UNIFORM regs say NO backpacks and wear the hat, then that's what you should do. Seems pretty simple to me.

Our regs say no morale patches, no morale shirts and not to roll your sleeves...but pretty much everyone does it! This $hit has nothing to do with job performance!

How does the reg read? I can't see how your reg would say that you can not have a backpack with you. What's wrong with setting a backpack on top of your rollaboard as you drag it down the terminal? It's not on your back and does not look unprofessional at all!

Most airlines say no backpacks...... er, most Majors anyway. So, if you want to be a Major airline pilot one day, start acting one.

Professionalism. You either have it, or you should do something else (go back to school). Wearing backpacks to work only encourages your management to treat and pay you like a monkey. Unfortunately, it makes the rest of us look bad too. So, if you are wearing a backpack - expect me to tell you that you look like a moron in the airport (because you do).

Latest resources

Back