• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots and Backpacks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What a stupid topic! If some pilots find backpacks a useful tool, then by all means, use it! A nondescript backpack is MUCH more professional than a beat up brain bag with a frog/peace sign, Jimmy Buffet and/or political party affiliation sticker. However, nobody talks about those.:rolleyes:

How many of you hypocrites criticize a pilot toting a backpack as unprofessional, yet have SJS and flying an RJ for 20k?

We're not Manhattan-ite businessmen and women, we're rank and file professional pilots that moves the metal from A to B.

Give me a break.

And no, I don't choose to carry a backpack. However, there is nothing wrong with it.

What a stupid topic! If some pilots find backpacks a useful tool, then by all means, use it! A nondescript backpack is MUCH more professional than a beat up brain bag with a frog/peace sign, Jimmy Buffet and/or political party affiliation sticker. However, nobody talks about those.:rolleyes:

I disagree with your first statement, but I agree with your second. Just because it's a useful tool doesn't mean we should be able to wear them. I do agree, however, that a lot of the stickers on peoples bags are horrible and are unprofessional as well.

Maybe people are toting the FFDO business in their backpacks. There are really no great bags for this specific equipment.

My point is there is nothing wrong with backpacks on a pilot. Function > Form.

Guys sh!t on them saying it's out of style, etc...they can stick to the right seat of their RJs, meanwhile guys who have "made it" flying a real airplane making +minimage wage pay rates are wearing the backpack.

I see you fly B777s...you fly for Emirates? You didn't get my point...it's a dig at the RJ guys not the guy with the backpack.

Guy with backpack and real flying job > RJ guy looking cool with iPod and spiked hair buying Chef Boy'ardee with food stamps.

It looks ridiculous regardless of what you fly or what company you work for.

I would be more concerned with how professional the obese pilot toting a bag of fast food onto the airplane looks than i would with a guy toting a back pack.....Unless of course its a backpack full of burger king. JMHO

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back