• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots against JBPA (jetblue union)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Could someone please explain this PVC thing? What is the purpose of the PVC? Who appoints the members? Do they represent pilots being disciplined?

Could someone please explain this PVC thing? No, I can't. A lot of what they do is vague and behind closed doors. Communication isn't their strong suit. What is the purpose of the PVC? Same as above.Who appoints the members? The pilot group votes for them. Do they represent pilots being disciplined? Yes.

Sorry to be vague, but their charter is a little fuzzy. It's one reason JBPA has gained support. The PVC is usually perceived as either impotent but wellmeaning or management lackeys. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. A little transparency would go a long way.

The one thing they clearly do is represent pilots that find themselves at odds with the company. By all accounts they do a pretty good job in that regard. Nick B. in particular is heavily involved in that aspect of the PVC. That's why I'm disappointed that he took such a public stance against the JBPA. IMO he has done good work representing pilots in trouble. Unfortunately, perception about his neutrality when defending a pilot is now an issue.

Same thing happen at Colgan about a year ago... pilots took a vocal stand against the union and got special favors etc from managment when it was all said and done...

The squeaky wheel at Jetblue does not get the grease it gets replaced quietly regardless of agenda.

If Nick was smart he would muzzle up real fast.

PS nick is a decent guy ( even if i did have to listen to his campaigning efforts for obama for 7 hours straight)

The squeaky wheel at Jetblue does not get the grease it gets replaced quietly regardless of agenda.

If Nick was smart he would muzzle up real fast.

PS nick is a decent guy ( even if i did have to listen to his campaigning efforts for obama for 7 hours straight)

I am gonna send a complaint email to the PVC toot sweet. I suggest we all do.

He's pro-Obama but anti-union? That's unusual.

Latest resources

Back