• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good luck with that Nick Berdeguez.

Is that supposed to mean something..

So Chef...

So it's Nick B?
He isn't keeping anything a secret.

Can someone have an opinion that may or may not differ from your own?

You're not one of them left wingers that get their panties tied up in a wad when someone has a different perspective on a topic... are you?

Last edited:
So Chef...

So it's Nick B?

You're not one of them left wingers that get their panties tied up in a wad when someone has a different perspective on a topic... are you?

Not voting huh?

8vATE -- you are on my ignore list, but B6BD quoted you so ...

Yes, its Nick B. In fact, he put his name all over the blog. So, yes, he's not keeping anything secret. I guess he should be commended for his courage in standing up against the seemingly small group of fringe pilots that sent in an interest card for a union vote at JB. I am sure he will soon have more than 2 members on his blog now that he's getting such great press on nutjobinfo.com ...

You really still are a nutjob btw. "Good luck with that" is really just some sarcasm -- and I am sure he would have some for me as well.

Your point?

Actually, never mind. I won't see your post.

Chef was also referring to the fact that he is a member of our PILOT VALUES COMMITTEE.

Which is supposed to be an unbiased team of pilots working for and with the pilots. If I were in a situation where my employment was in question and lets say I walk in for the big meeting with a JBPA bag tag... I would probably sit the meeting and then just hire a labor atty and sue. All I would need was the contents of Nick's Blog.

Nick may be ultimately looking for a little good boy promotion from mgmt but in reality has performed his company a disservice showing such a radical view.

I have seen nothing but professionalism from the interm jbpa leadership. I have not seen the same from JB mgmt.

So Chef...

So it's Nick B?

Left winger? Go say that to a Boeing, of UAW guy in a local bar. Bet you wouldn't. They are probably more "right" than you are. Who built everything in this country?

Have a great day.

"Nick may be ultimately looking for a little good boy promotion from mgmt"

I would say the probability of this is extremely high. In the near future you will be able to read some very interesting things on his blog,it may even contain some video. Ironically, all of this material will be the exact same video and documentation that was used when the Midwest Mechanics were trying to organize and the DAL FA's were trying to organize.

There is a very large and profitable industry that exists solely to prevent the organization of labor unions. This gentlemen's blog is taken right out of their manual.

Personally I like Nick, but the perception of a serious conflict of interest means that he should resign from the PVC today.

He is entitled to his opinion. He can vote for against JBPA. It's a free country and he can blog whatever he wants. There is also a responsibility that comes along with exercising that right.

I could list plenty of scenarios where a person has a right to speak his mind but because of duties and responsibilities to other entities they should not exercise that right. I didn't say they couldn't, I said they shouldn't. There may be consequences to exercising your right to free speech. Go ask Natalie Maines or whatever the heck her name is from the Dixie Chicks. Nobody said she couldn't say what she said, but the rest of us get to vote with our wallets. No more Dixie Chicks CDs in my household. Did she ever consider the financial impact opening her mouth would have on her band partners?

Nick has a responsibility to represent JetBlue pilots to the fullest extent of his ability whether or not he supports JBPA. By exercising his right to make a statement he has brought into question whether or not he can or will aggressively work to assist a JBPA supporter that finds himself standing in front of a conference table with guys in suits on the other side. It's the appearance of a conflict in interest that's now the problem. It doesn't matter whether or not Nick does his job to the best of his ability. He has exposed himself, and by association, the entire PVC to the idea that they may or may not have an altenative agenda when they go to bat for someone.

Sorry Nick, you gotta go.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back