• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot uniforms at VA and Skybus

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
no, blue shirts had already become a modern business attire style. silicon valleyish, high tech, soho.

other cool crap!

I guess we can thank B6 for starting this nonsensical colored shirt trend.

At least the Blue Dudes look like crewmembers. Ok, so they look like flight attendants in those silly blue outfits, but at least they look like crewmembers. These VA pilots look like something out of star trek.

FlyI,Lots of former I guys here you must not be on there favorite list or you would be here.If you came to the interview just out of curiosity I am sure that came across in the interview.You may get a call but it may be awhile.

Maybe you are right, I really do not know. I do know a few guys got told no right after. I did email Laura there and she said they were interested but no time frame. So, I know that I may be waiting a bit. Interview went great but I do lack the PIC in the airbus that they wanted. I have a ton of SIC in the plane. But, who knows, I do know a lot of my fellow I guys there and have chatred with them about it. After hearing of the horror commute stories and the very bad schedules out, not sure I am in any hurry to get a call. But, I will say this..a lot of guys are making comments about the bad uniforms at both VA and Skybus, remember, a uniform does not make a pilot. Besides, the pilots have no say in what the company wants them to wear. I am surprised Branson has them clothed at all.

Serious question for anyone at VA:

Is there any plan to change the uniforms to something more traditional? Would the company be willing to make a change, assuming the pilot group wanted something more traditional?

Thanks in advance.

The Skybus guys look like Boy Scout troop leaders. The only thing they are missing is their Merit Badges on a sash across their chests.

Here's a badge for on-time performance, one for qualifying for Cat 3, one for SE go-around, one for customer service.... ooops, no customer service sorry.

Call 1-800-________

Pad

The uniforms will be changed to something more traditional in a few months. The leather coats are custom made and arriving this past week in staggered shipments. I'm waiting on mine.

Latest resources

Back