• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot uniforms at VA and Skybus

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why don't the pilot group have the nuts to stand up and say we are not wearing that garbage?

Why don't the pilot group have the nuts to stand up and say we are not wearing that garbage?

Same could be said for compensation packages at ANY airline.

Not to go against the grain but who cares what the uniforms look like.

I am still wondering why the heck I have to wear epilates. A polo shirt with some dockers is the standard dress code at many places of business today. As for a seniority identifier, who cares. Do you treat someone differently because they were 3 tripes instead of 4. I have never understood the whole pilot uniform get up, all I know is that out of the 3 airlines I have worked at all the uniforms were uncomfortable, a pain to keep clean and wrinkle free, and did very little other than to identify the crew to the PAX in the terminal. I guess that was so I could answer their questions about why the plane they are on is delayed or how to get to gate 37.

Find me a company that pays like UPS/FedEx and will let me wear a uniform like a Southwest flight attendants and I am there.....

The FA's were fine as in their uniforms were fine, or they were fine FA's???

Nawwww man. The uniforms were fine. Kind of Jetblue-ish.. the FA's themselves looked like empty nesters, mid life crisis like folks... They were kind of old/switch hitters. We spoke briefly though. Good people...

That doesn't make much sense. So what you are saying is that you will follow the pay and screw the hard work getting it there. Those SW guys who built the company and sacrificed a little to get it to where it is deserve the pay, you are just riding on there coat tails. They had to start somewhere, which, when SW first started up you most likely wouldn't have worked there and would have been spewing forth venomous words attacking them for "lowering the bar", but now it's just fine.

I bet in 10 years when VA has better pay, you would go work there if something ever happened to SW.

Lets hope they don't last 10 years.

Box-Hauler: You wanna be a pilot or a desk jockey!? Yeah, have fun with that...

CM

Well technically I guess I am a truck driver, unlike the PAX carriers who are bus drivers. So if I don't wear some stupid stripes on my shoulders or a hat that makes me look like a bellman I cant fly...... Yeah, OK.

That is the reason we still have to wear this crap, because some guys get an ego boost by people looking at them or they still think they are going to get saluted by someone. Which one are you?

Well technically I guess I am a truck driver, unlike the PAX carriers who are bus drivers. So if I don't wear some stupid stripes on my shoulders or a hat that makes me look like a bellman I cant fly...... Yeah, OK.

That is the reason we still have to wear this crap, because some guys get an ego boost by people looking at them or they still think they are going to get saluted by someone. Which one are you?

Bing-bing-bing...we have a winner. I agree; I wore a uniform once...it was in the military. Airline pilots don't wear uniforms...they wear costumes.

I don't get an ego boost, I just believe in tradition. Do you feel that Police Officers, Fire Fighters or Medical Personnel have egos because they wear "costumes?" BTW box-hauler, if you think of yourself as a truckdriver then you'll be treated like one. Here's the website for you: www.truckschool.com. Maybe you'll fit in better there?

CM

I don't get an ego boost, I just believe in tradition. Do you feel that Police Officers, Fire Fighters or Medical Personnel have egos because they wear "costumes?" BTW box-hauler, if you think of yourself as a truckdriver then you'll be treated like one. Here's the website for you: www.truckschool.com. Maybe you'll fit in better there?

CM

I agree 100%.

I think the airlines would love to let you wear cutoffs and flip flops, but I think that your paycheck would reflect that as well.

These VA and SBus uniforms must be terrible as none of these pilots are defending themselves here.

Latest resources

Back