• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot uniforms at VA and Skybus

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't have pictures of either, but just saw the Virgin pilot uniform. Charcoal gray slacks, long sleeve black shirt, no tie, no epaulets, rank insignia pin on collar.

Thoughts?

GP

Thoughts???? Yeah.

"A PLEDGE PIN!?!?!...ON YOUR UNIFORM!?!?!?"

(Animal House Reference)

J41driver,

Really, Those guys need to get their priorities in the correct order. You want me to wear what? Not for that money buddy. But, hey give me a nice professional looking uniform (So I can get all that respect in the airport) and I would do this job for free. Brilliant just brilliant!! Heck Stybus pilots can second as forest rangers. Maybe the VA guys can get gigs in Vegas as J. Cash impersonators.

Hey Vixin!

You never answered my question on a previous thread about whether or not the very first pilots at SWA should get the disrespect you dole out here because the took jobs below industry scale.

How can you share a flightdeck w/ them?

Sure if they damaged the industry at the time you bet. The industry didnt need a bar lowered then and it sure the he11 doesnt need it now. I guess idiots like yourself are represented every decade. Way to go with your SNJS. I hope you like butt kissing for that upgrade.

I share the flightdeck just fine with them. They built a company I CAN have respect working for. Respect for myself, I couldnt give a rats a55 what they did. Most of them are good down to earth guys. However, most of them will admitt their pay sucked then. Unlike the idiots like yourself who proclaim VA is so great.

Have/did you apply to SWA? Why couldnt you get hired at SWA, CAL, AAI, JBLU, UPS or FedEx or heck even United and Delta? Are these companies not good enough for you? Guys like you need to lower the bar, while these pilot groups are going to be in negotiations. Way to go Nancy. Did I answer it for you now?

Back to the thread.
So lets see a picture of that snazy uniform and your special pin. Do you guys pin each in the cockpit? Is it like asking each other out or something?

Last edited:
Hey Vixin!

You never answered my question on a previous thread about whether or not the very first pilots at SWA should get the disrespect you dole out here because the took jobs below industry scale.

How can you share a flightdeck w/ them?

Oh my are you a VA pilot? Sucks to be u. If you did make the mistake of going to an airline that does not respect seniority or pilots in general then dont worry. Almost all the majors are hiring right now. Dont sell yourself short. GO!

Sure if they damaged the industry at the time you bet. The industry didnt need a bar lowered then and it sure the he11 doesnt need it now. I guess idiots like yourself are represented every decade. Way to go with your SNJS. I hope you like butt kissing for that upgrade.

I share the flightdeck just fine with them. They built a company I CAN have respect working for. Respect for myself, I couldnt give a rats a55 what they did. Most of them are good down to earth guys. However, most of them will admitt their pay sucked then. Unlike the idiots like yourself who proclaim VA is so great.

That doesn't make much sense. So what you are saying is that you will follow the pay and screw the hard work getting it there. Those SW guys who built the company and sacrificed a little to get it to where it is deserve the pay, you are just riding on there coat tails. They had to start somewhere, which, when SW first started up you most likely wouldn't have worked there and would have been spewing forth venomous words attacking them for "lowering the bar", but now it's just fine.

I bet in 10 years when VA has better pay, you would go work there if something ever happened to SW.

VA Uniforms

I saw the VA uniforms the other day in LAX. I'm usually not the one to throw stones but I thought they looked rather tacky on the pilots. As GP said. Black shirts, Dockers, no tie, no epaulets...

The FA's were fine though. Maybe it just requires getting used to but it didn't impress me or my crew...

I saw the VA uniforms the other day in LAX. I'm usually not the one to throw stones but I thought they looked rather tacky on the pilots. As GP said. Black shirts, Dockers, no tie, no epaulets...

The FA's were fine though. Maybe it just requires getting used to but it didn't impress me or my crew...

The FA's were fine as in their uniforms were fine, or they were fine FA's???

Latest resources

Back