Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PA44Jockey

Becoming a Nurse

I am thinking about becoming a Registered Nurse. Are there any nurses roaming here that could recommend a school in the Cinicinnati area. I am not looking for an online program, but an accredited school to attend.

Last edited:
Oh, oops.

I thought this was a "National Enquirer" style headline. My bad.

Good luck with your quest!

Considering the situation of airline industry, can't say I blame you for getting out.
Becoming a nurse would be a good decision (if you like that type of work).. Talk about job security!! My sister is a nurse and hardly a week goes by, she doesn't get at least one or two different job offers. Pay is pretty good, flexible hours, and good benefits (her medical is outstanding and hardly cost anything!!).

Good luck.

You don't wanna become a doctor, you wanna be nurse? Is your name Gailord Faker?

You don't wanna become a doctor, you wanna be nurse? Is your name Gailord Faker?

Nurses bring home more than Doctors right away, because Doc's have to pay for their own insurance.
My wife made more in sign on bonuses than I did at year one at the regional I fly for. BONUSES!!!
In our industry, the only one getting bonuses are the CEO's.

I am thinking about becoming a Registered Nurse. Are there any nurses roaming here that could recommend a school in the Cinicinnati area. I am not looking for an online program, but an accredited school to attend.

I don't know if it is close enough to you, but Kent State has a pretty good nursing program Greg ;)

my mom has been a nurse for 38 years, almost all of it full time and in the ICU. It is a tuff thankless job. the past few years I've really seen her slow down, I have no doubt it is from the job.

from time to time over the years I've seen her at work and know I'd last about 3 minutes as a nurse. If you haven't done any work of this type before I'd suggest maybe volunteering at a hospital or ambulance crew before you shell out $$. Also, from what I know on the subject, an RN is now a 4 year degree not 2 years like in the past. But if you decide to do it (from what my mom tells me) do the RN not the LPN.

good luck

try UC. Maybe NKU? or there is always that commercial on TV about Galen college.

Latest resources

Back