• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot shortage?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is already happening in the international market, you are seeing more and more non type rated opportunities out there

Maybe if we would butt the F out of other peoples business we would not have these problems.

Would it surprise you if I said that I totally agree! Not quite sure why you used my post as the prompt for your "mind your own business" opinion, but once again...I AGREE! The USA seems to think they have the right to force their will and ideals on the rest of the world...it's bullsh*t!

Just a way to thin out the resume's. Can't imagine that many people would argue that you have to have a 4 year degree to fly.

Realistically you don't need a degree of any sort for anything! 90% of what is learned in college is pushed right out of the mind shortly after taking your exams and graduating. On the job training and experience in what you will actually be doing is all that one really needs. A Harvard graduate isn't necessarily going to be a better CEO than a high school graduate that works alongside an experienced CEO for several years under his tutelage.

My bad, and I apologise, I came on a little too strong!!
Once again, I didn't mean to offend, just to give an insight of the requirments the US ask's of foreign pilots flying over or into the US

Thank you! Nor did I.

it is not the little harmless Netherlands that are the target of terrorists, it is the good ole USA!

They are not????? I suggest you check your facts, the terrorism problem in Europe is deep rooted and long standing my dear sir. Terrorism is not an American problem, it is a world problem.

The opportunities are for folks with heavy jet experience under their belts but they are out there.
Out of the top of my head; ANA, Korean, Turkish, Air China

Last edited:
It is already happening in the international market, you are seeing more and more non type rated opportunities out there
Korean and Emirates were at the Flt Ops Job Fair in LAS last Friday. I picked up some of their handouts, I don’t remember seeing anything about having a 4-yr degree as a requirement. Could be they are just looking for people who fly airplanes.

They are not????? I suggest you check your facts, the terrorism problem in Europe is deep rooted and long standing my dear sir. Terrorism is not an American problem, it is a world problem.

Not wanting to split hairs, but the USA is the holy grail for terrorists! Anything done here will be on a massive scale like 9-11. Not some putz with a bomb strapped to himself. I have heard of terrorists targeting Britain, Spain, Japan, Israel, Japan, the former republics of the USSR, but I have NOT heard of much going on in the Netherlands. So my earlier statement about NED not being the target of terrorists stands. But I will say that any place that isn't a muslim nation will be a possible target at some level for the radical Islamists who offer us 2 choices.....convert or die!!

I can speak first hand about China. I was there. Went through the process, recently. They don't have the "pencil-whipped" logbook problem there, and I've never seen it reported.

The airlines take the "kids" out of college, send them to flight school and watch them like a hawk. Then they come back to their in-house program for a couple of years of supervision. Once you start at the airline, they own you. That goes for expats flying over there. You have to get permission to change jobs. The one carrier I was about to work for used radio operators on a B737. As a result, I doubt you'll see any Chinese pilots outside of China. One Chinese national tried to change jobs, and was sued by his airline for over $100 g's for training costs.

The government treats their people pretty poorly, but you couldn't tell that by listening to them. The FO's on a Boeing/Bus are paid less than our RJ FO's, and the captains are paid about the same as an RJ CA. Their flight time and duty time regs are more stringent than the US.

My interview process was tougher than anything I've done in the US, Carrib. or S. America. My sim check was equal to a PC save for the V1 cut.

Latest resources

Back