• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guys, relax, coAlpha was responding to a specific request to state why he didn't like working at PDT. Everyone's mileage will vary, he didn't have a good time, he left, and is now happy.

Thanks, i am happy now, and i was not at pdt. Thats all that matters in life.

Guys im sure you are great people, I never insulted you I just did not like pdt.

I also left PDT, and while I did have some negative feelings at the time, the more I've seen of what its like elsewhere, the more I realize PDT wasn't that bad. Upgrade is bad @ PDT, but its better than QX and AE, and my understanding (I'm sure someone will quickly correct me if I'm wrong) is that its not that far off from ASA or Mesaba. The contract may not be what it used to be, but with a few exceptions its still pretty good for a regional contract. The hotels aren't great, but looking around, they're about what everyone else is staying at. At the end of the day its not the best place to be, but you could do a heck of a lot worse. I have no regrets about leaving, but I left for the domeciles (and a little to escape L.B.), not for the upgrades.

As for the FAs- they knew what they were doing and were almost all mature responisible adults. I'm not a baby sitter. Most of them were kind enoguh to pass up a Maxim once in a while, which took care of the eye candy. You can't get the Maxim girls pregnant on an overnight no matter how many shots you do. I'm starting to sound way drunker than I am so I'm gonna go ahead and start typing right about.... now.

except one thing:

don't forget-

Jets suck

Was the Dash 8 fun to fly? Did you learn a lot about flying while you were there? That's what I hear - very archaic but fun to fly.

Still, that ain't a reason to go to any airline. Pay and QOL are the priorities and that is why PDT is losing pilots fast...

I have about 1200 hours in the Dash from pre-merger ALG and I thought it was a blast to fly. I have about the same amount of time in a CRJ and all things being equal (pay, QOL, etc.) I'd pick the Dash everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

It's not as archaic as everyone thinks. The Dash 8 first entered service in 1984 with Henson (Piedmont) a mere 8 years before the CRJ first entered service. I can't find the exact date for the -200/-300 start of service but I'm guessing it was early '90s(??). Yeah it's a little bit 'old school' but the airplane was designed and built to fill a particular role with a particular mission profile which it does extremely well. And the new Dashes are actually much more advanced than the C/ERJs from what I've heard - I've ot a chance to fly the new generation.

So basically your talking about almost all regional airlines! I dont recommend PDT to anyone that wants to upgrade in 3 years! Go to another regional! But if you live near or in any of the bases, you will make decent money. Plus I would put PDT working contract against anyones and it aint that shabby!

CoAlpa.... You weren't happy and you left! Thats Great! Now I am sure you get your share of bashing also at SKYW when it comes to payrates!

I woudn't go around bashing airlines! Look.... Who's on top one year, can easily be on the bottom the next!

You would'nt but you do.

You would'nt but you do.

Thats true! But the longer I have been in this industry the more I have seen dramitic changes. Seems to change one's idea of regionals, by saying that they all pretty much suck a$$! Make the best of where your at, if you don't like it there then move on!

You are correct. A fart in the wind at best. Not the first time something like that has been out there either. Just throwing it out there.

It's a fart in the wind, D. ATRs are being thrown around to push a cheap deal from DeHavilland... but then again, what the heck do I know?

Makes smart buisness sense! However, either airplane would be a nice addition! Even though I would love the Q400's, I have problem luggin around slower in a big fat ATR72.

Remember----- When it comes to your paycheck, SPEED KILLS!!!!!!!

Makes smart buisness sense! However, either airplane would be a nice addition! Even though I would love the Q400's, I have problem luggin around slower in a big fat ATR72.

Remember----- When it comes to your paycheck, SPEED KILLS!!!!!!!
What the hell. You know J B is useless, T M is useless, and now we are going to say good bye to the best scheduler we had in a long time. Make sure you call her in the morning and to wish her the best of luck.

Latest resources

Back