Piedmont

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fowingman

Left Piedmont about 6 months ago, what's new there besides being short staffed? is that getting any better??

what's new there besides being short staffed? is that getting any better??

You're kidding right?

Hired 10 new F/O's last month, lost 18 pilots, net loss of 8.

Most junior CA is 07/01 DOH, 1 month short of 6 years with the company.

Last upgrade class was Aug 06. We should see Monday if there will be any upgrades next month.

Maybe we'll see some change with the $5,000 bonus.

Everything is fine!

ncflyer if you have 18,000 what the hell are you doing at PDT? get out, dont be a lifer there!

Too young to quit, too old to start over.

Been flying 29+ years, here nearly 20. My next move will be out of aviation, which I am working toward right now.

really there is no reason that anyone should even consider PDT.

I can think of ($)5000 reasons someone might consider PDT for at least 1 year.

I can think of ($)5000 reasons someone might consider PDT for at least 1 year.

Its not worth it!, I would of went to mesa,psa,tsa,great lakes,big sky (any other bottom feeder out there) after I look at my QOL now and compare it to PDT. That 1.5 years of my life was the worst QOL I have ever had, besides the great crews at pdt, everything else was worse than horrible.

If any of you guys looking to try to get a 121 job, take this advice. I know that you are excited at the chance to fly for an airline and all, but going to pdt is horrible. Expect to be fully depressed and hate your job there. There are other options for you, and if I could of done it all over I would of kept doing charter/ flight instruction in my hometown for another year, instead of moving to a sh|thole eastcoast dump.

just my .2

Its not worth it!, I would of went to mesa,psa,tsa,great lakes,big sky (any other bottom feeder out there) after I look at my QOL now and compare it to PDT. That 1.5 years of my life was the worst QOL I have ever had, besides the great crews at pdt, everything else was worse than horrible.

If any of you guys looking to try to get a 121 job, take this advice. I know that you are excited at the chance to fly for an airline and all, but going to pdt is horrible. Expect to be fully depressed and hate your job there. There are other options for you, and if I could of done it all over I would of kept doing charter/ flight instruction in my hometown for another year, instead of moving to a sh|thole eastcoast dump.

just my .2

Was the Dash 8 fun to fly? Did you learn a lot about flying while you were there? That's what I hear - very archaic but fun to fly.

Still, that ain't a reason to go to any airline. Pay and QOL are the priorities and that is why PDT is losing pilots fast...

CoAlpha, thank God you left. I would hate to be stuck with you on a 4 day! I like my job at PDT.

Latest resources

Back