• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CoAlpha, thank God you left. I would hate to be stuck with you on a 4 day! I like my job at PDT.

I used to have a great time at PDT. PDT sucks and is doomed, that is a fact. I was never the angry guy. As I said before I think the crews at PDT were great, even the scary ALG guys turned out to be real nice, and taught me a lot.

CoAlpha, did you commute? I guess that can add to the hatred. What is different about the QOL you have now as opposed to PDT? I'm not trying to show you up, I just want to know.

every crew I flew with at PDT was the blessing of my career, however the company itself is the worst there is. No future, no growth......
Why even waisting my time on this board. You guys should run, and run fast.

CoAlpha, did you commute? I guess that can add to the hatred. What is different about the QOL you have now as opposed to PDT? I'm not trying to show you up, I just want to know.

Mu2

good guess I was a commuter. - not fun, you really dont know how bad commuting is UNTIL you dont have to commute anymore.

I guess the best things not being at PDT anymore are in no particular order.

1. signing in and out every trip and getting nailed all the time with JMs
2. getting into an aircraft in july and sitting down in a wet seat because the poor guy that just got outa the seat sweat so much.
3. APUs that never worked.
4. The usair system just pick something PHL ramp, super flow etc.
5. The flow through carrot that will never happen.
6. A MEC that really never did anything
7. JK and the clownshow training department.
8. The lines
10. kinda like 2 and 3, but add winter
11. calling scheduling and talking to (insert name here)
12. 8 leg days with 4 swaps
13. The maintenance
14. No upgrade in sight.
15. The pay (first year excluded)
16. The FAs (even though they were nice people) no eye candy at all.
17. The gloom of whats going to happen to the fleet/or what will mngt hold over our head when the contract it up.
18. The yelling involved in the line checks, you know the guy I am talking about, the FA once told me she could hear him yelling at us all the way up to HPN from PHL. In IMC and storms all the way up. What a a jerk.
19. The hotels
20. The lack of diversity in trips. IE north mdt,lga,syr dont fly south past PHL because the moron that sets the trips up cant figure it out. Never flew into hilton head once!! damit.

Anyways like I said before great people, good lessons learned. I would not ever do it again, and I think there are many other places that newhires should go. The 5k is not worth it. Not that where I am now is all roses (SKYW) but I dont hate flying anymore. And my job does not seem like a job anymore like it did at PDT. Best luck to that place.

Last edited:
Ahh, you're a puss.

Edit: The rest was just drivel anyway, except for one salient point: If you truly did have a check airman yelling at you AND those conditions were really... real, you truly did fcuk something up. Puss. Thank god you're gone- you're what we call "broke-d!ck." BuhBye.

Last edited:
Mu2

good guess I was a commuter. - not fun, you really dont know how bad commuting is UNTIL you dont have to commute anymore.

I guess the best things not being at PDT anymore are in no particular order.

1. signing in and out every trip and getting nailed all the time with JMs
2. getting into an aircraft in july and sitting down in a wet seat because the poor guy that just got outa the seat sweat so much.
3. APUs that never worked.
4. The usair system just pick something PHL ramp, super flow etc.
5. The flow through carrot that will never happen.
6. A MEC that really never did anything
7. JK and the clownshow training department.
8. The lines
10. kinda like 2 and 3, but add winter
11. calling scheduling and talking to (insert name here)
12. 8 leg days with 4 swaps
13. The maintenance
14. No upgrade in sight.
15. The pay (first year excluded)
16. The FAs (even though they were nice people) no eye candy at all.
17. The gloom of whats going to happen to the fleet/or what will mngt hold over our head when the contract it up.
18. The yelling involved in the line checks, you know the guy I am talking about, the FA once told me she could hear him yelling at us all the way up to HPN from PHL. In IMC and storms all the way up. What a a jerk.
19. The hotels
20. The lack of diversity in trips. IE north mdt,lga,syr dont fly south past PHL because the moron that sets the trips up cant figure it out. Never flew into hilton head once!! damit.

Anyways like I said before great people, good lessons learned. I would not ever do it again, and I think there are many other places that newhires should go. The 5k is not worth it. Not that where I am now is all roses (SKYW) but I dont hate flying anymore. And my job does not seem like a job anymore like it did at PDT. Best luck to that place.

So basically your talking about almost all regional airlines! I dont recommend PDT to anyone that wants to upgrade in 3 years! Go to another regional! But if you live near or in any of the bases, you will make decent money. Plus I would put PDT working contract against anyones and it aint that shabby!

CoAlpa.... You weren't happy and you left! Thats Great! Now I am sure you get your share of bashing also at SKYW when it comes to payrates!

I woudn't go around bashing airlines! Look.... Who's on top one year, can easily be on the bottom the next!

Last edited:
Guys, relax, coAlpha was responding to a specific request to state why he didn't like working at PDT. Everyone's mileage will vary, he didn't have a good time, he left, and is now happy.

Latest resources

Back