• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont New Hiring Times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Holy Crap.. I can't believe you put her name on there. That was too funny. I think I heard her a couple of weeks ago at SLC.

Where were you based?

Just think, she is at America West making some captains life living hell in an A-320. I was an FO in CHO and a CA in ROA and EWN. I don't mean to be "toxic" but I remember a day when PDT was an industry leader. Not a last resort airline. Guys actually upgraded and went on to real airlines, not other regionals. Maybe PDT isn't career suicide, it's just a waste of time.......

i see peemonts dashes in florida often. is it worth while going there to get some heavier 121 time?. are you put on the senority list of usair since they own them? how could this be a bad move?

just my 2 cents

If you need turbine time, apply to everyone. If nothing else, you get interview experience. Plus it's easier to look for work when you are working in the industry. As for the mainline seniority list, I have doubts as to whether the current furloughees at U will ever get called back....

Thanks, CFIfornow. I'm trying to get somebody from the company to say that those are the current times and haven't had any luck...

Heavy turbine time is worthless unless it is PIC time. So getting Dash 8 SIC time won't really help you. US Airways seniority list is totally separate from PDT's. That is until mainline furloughs want our jobs, then all of a sudden they want to be a TEAM . What a joke.....

It is not totally worthless!!! I am a captain at colgan logging PIC on the 17,000 lb beech 1900. Jet blue wants PIC time which i am getting....but i have no time in a plane over 20,000 lb, which they require. So it is half worthless for them. If he could get that 20K + time now i think it is worth something. Jet blue wants 1000 hours in 20K airplanes. Right now people with 1000+ hours and 121 turbine sic time can almost pick the regional of their choice to work at. Our Fo's at colgan are leaving on pretty much a weekly basis, and to all different regionals.

PDT is not a bad place to build time. Pay is down to $22 for the first year, but you have the chance to fly the DHC-8-301 which is a 43000lbs airplane fully loaded. We have EFIS equipped A/C and you will fly as much as you want. The schedules suck but right now you might not be on reserve that long because we don't really have a reserve system. We just run short staffed. If you come here work getting on somewhere else. Hopefully you won't stay long enough to be as grumpy as eightdriver. But all in all it still beats working for MESA (SCABS).

But all in all it still beats working for MESA (SCABS).

be careful. jo might run you over with motorcycle #9.

seriously, do you KNOW what a scab actually is? what a brilliant labor scholar you are.

bra,

i have to pay 20K+my time? wot do you mean?
i just finished traing at tab a couple months ago, i don't think my dad will give me any more. are u sure they a pft

just my 2 cents + 19999.98 = 20K (almost there)

Latest resources

Back