Piedmont New Hiring Times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyboy

After reading the post below about Eagle's new hiring times I remembered having read that Piedmont had lowered their times as well. 1000/100 were the times. Any truth to this? Why would they lower times? Seems like I still meet people everywhere with more hours but still can't find jobs.

They lowered them just recently because they are having a very difficult time getting people to show up for class. Piedmont has taken a very long hard fall over the past three years due to a variety of factors and nobody wants to work for them if they have other options. The only positive thing about PDT is that you start at $26 and change and generally get 90+ hours of pay credit per month. If you really need 121 turbine time then give them a shot but don't let yourself get comfortable at PDT because the place is a sinkhole. If you do send a resume and cover letter addresse it to Bob Trout (I think his full name is Robert Trout). Call the company for a fax number. The corporate culture can be summed up with the phrase "the beatings will continue untill morale improves." No joke.

The funny thing is that I sent my stuff in multiple times to both the fax and his email. After a fellow flight instructor friend got hired with less time than I (he called them) I decided to call Bob also. After reaching him he shot me down on the spot saying that Piedmont did not interview flight instructors, only part 135 and 121 guys. When I told him that I knew a flight instructor that had just gotten hired he asked me who, when I told him who, he said that was because he came from a 'qualified flight school' which they hire from. When I asked the guy that got hired if that was the deal he said no, but was glad to have gotten interviewed and hired all the same.

I guess what I am saying is that I do not know what they are looking for, oddly enough, if they are having trouble finding folks, he sure did not act like it--and that was only 2 weeks ago. In fact, he really was not all that pleasant. By the way, I have been interviewed by CHQ and Pinnacle, so I know I must have some credentials to at least got a shot.

It might help to send in an update if you are still considering PDT. Things change daily here. I don't know if you are UND but they seem to have a thing for UND grads and will hire them low time.

mins

"Piedmont Airlines
Position: First Officers
Requirements: Total times, to be interviewed, are 1000 to include
100 multiengine time, or 900 TT & 150 ME, or 800 TT & 200 ME."

They must be hurting

I thought Bob Trout had moved on. I got several emails from him "encouraging" me to try an online aviation career web site. I assumed he was working there.

I interviewed with him on Sept. 11, 2001. Nice timing, huh? He was pretty cool then. Maybe you caught him on a bad day.

Maybe so, 'not pleasant' may not be the right choice of words, it was more like 'discouraging'. He seemed to act as though I was a student pilot inquiring about a job instead of someone who more than met their online stated requirments/qualifications. It was very odd I thought. Oh well, ASA called me today anyway's so Im not too upset...:D

Lou,

Maybe Bob got the impression that you're a good guy and he decided to do you a favor. Stay away if you have options...

LOL, that is pretty funny. Maybe so. In any event, I will continue to swing at all the balls and see where they go, I hope things work out though for Piedmont as I have met some really nice folks over there through the years..

Latest resources

Back