• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont MEC rejected LTP Pay rates???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, we are. You are right, we are not a wholly owned and therefore not involved in the agreement, we are just lowly part owners of. I also never said we had a dog in the fight, we have nothing to do with flow thru nor do many of us care. I was just throwing out another possible view of where this may have come from, which on this touchy subject was maybe a mistake.

Yea, your management made a ton of money also by being part owners! What did they do, triple there return on the investment?

Let me see, did you guys see a dime of that money? Hell, your lives were uprooted, base closures, QOL down the pooper!!!! I feel your pain at AirWilly.

Listen, I am a Piedmont Pilot and I have the up most respect for all AirWiscosin Folks! I am sorry you folks got shoved into US Airways in the first place. Your a great bunch of pilots over there! And I don't think we need to get into a riff over a flushthru......

Way I see it is that we are all in the same boat! Hopefully we can all stay united on this and make the industry a much better place to work!

Way I see it is that we are all in the same boat! Hopefully we can all stay united on this and make the industry a much better place to work!

Well I agree. I was just stating another opinion, and not surprisingly ran into the awac animosity that I still don't understand (would you rather have mesa back?). Maybe we can all find some of that money that mgmt made off all our respective companies and then have a really nice 5star celebration party together, we can rent out a classy joint like the lagoon in philly or something!:beer:

Last edited:
Yea it is rightfully ours, but to be honest I really don't give a crap out the flowthru! I would rather have my concessionary money back instead!

More true words never spoken. That is a check I would be happy to cash. I care less and less about being an exhulted "mainline" wienie every day, it is just the principle of the matter that irks me.

Like I said, nothin' but love for the Air Willy folks really.

... But first they kick you square in the nuts!

Kinda makes you wonder if which member of the AAA MEC has a kid who works at Air Willy.

They can be part of the FT. Right behind every single WO guy. Maybe we PDT guys could barrow AAA's stapler, they don't seem to need it.

I have run into mainline pilots who told me their kids worked for Air Whiskey.

There is only one word: Nepotism (spelling?)

AWAC is not part of the airways extremely dysfunctional "family". they had to buy their flying, they have a jet that noone can make money on or wants. once that contract is up. sorry to tell ya but you'll be looking for more flying to buy. you think airways wants to pay you a profit 1 day longer than they're contractually obligated to??

Last edited:
AWAC is not part of the airways extremely dysfunctional "family". they had to buy their flying, they have a jet that noone can make money on or wants. once that contract is up, sorry to tell ya but you'll be looking for more flying to buy. you think airways wants to pay you a profit 1 day longer than they're contractually obligated to??

Like it or not, AWAC's owners own 13% of US. Lets not forget if the owners of AWAC did not invest 125 million, you could very well be out of a job, as well as everyone at AWAC. If you are trying to pick a flight with us on here, it is not going to happen. None of us want to be working out east. None of us will be "buying" anything when the contract runs out. It is not up to any of us what our company does. We have done our part by not giving an inch when our company wants us to give in to "compete to win."

bizzum said:
We have done our part by not giving an inch when our company wants us to give in to "compete to win."

Like our MEC telling management to pound stand when they asked to negotiate CR9 and Q400 rates that would undercut the WO carriers?

AWAC pilots wanted to fly for Airways about as much as the WOs wanted us to; unfortunately the situation was such that Airways needed our $$$ and we needed their flying so here were are. Management made millions off that deal that was financed with paycuts that were taken dishonestly and hopefully the pilot group will be made whole from that sometime this decade.

In 2015 we'll see what AWAC's future is out east but until then let's all remember who the enemy is and try to get along, eh?

Like it or not, AWAC's owners own 13% of US. Lets not forget if the owners of AWAC did not invest 125 million, you could very well be out of a job, as well as everyone at AWAC. If you are trying to pick a flight with us on here, it is not going to happen. None of us want to be working out east. None of us will be "buying" anything when the contract runs out. It is not up to any of us what our company does. We have done our part by not giving an inch when our company wants us to give in to "compete to win."

Bingo! If you look at the history of AirWhiskey you will see that it is samiliar to ours.
I think it was in the Early 80's that United bought them to only rape and pillage them for the ORD slots.
Then after that they rebuilt only to have United asked them to take concessions! (Sound Familiar)
After telling United to F-Off they had to attach themselves to someone to survive..... Bring in US Airways. They have always been a tight group of pilots that have done nothing to bring this industry down!
I can honestly say I was glad to see them on our property instead of the Mesa's, CHQ, TSA, REP, etc etc.... Mainly because they had to invest into US Airways and it was important to them that Airways survived, not like the other parasite Contract carriers!

So why don't we smart'in up and stop this childish game of slamming!!

If you wanna slam someone, go after REP or Mesa and the other carriers flying Big Jets for Peanuts, but leave the Airwhiskey folks to themselves!! There a great bunch!

WSurf!!!!

Every time you post, you end a sentence with a "!!!"

It's like your always excited to the maximum!!!!!!

Are you always this pumped, even when you fly!!!!! (I dont think we ever flew together)

Just messin with ya !!!!!!!!!! :D

Latest resources

Back