• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

per diem increase at AJI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How many DC9s and 737s do you guys operate? Are pilots hired directly into those airplanes? How long would it take a typical FA20/LR24 FO to move up to the DC9/737 FO slot?

Lastly, what percentage of your pilots are based out of ADS vs. YIP?
Good luck moving from the 135 side to the 121 side. They'll dangle that carrot forever and keep telling you to be patient and it never comes. Stay away from that sh*thole. 5 fatalities in 5 years with only one solidly attributable to pilot error. There's no way you can convince me AJI is a safe place to work!

Would they have done this if USA Jet had not rasied per-diem? BTW still hiring Captain off the street? Making everyone sign a contract?

who cares why they did it.
i dont know any street captains.
unfortunatly, yes.

wrong method

who cares why they did it.
i dont know any street captains.
unfortunatly, yes.
The proper way to retain pilots is by giving carrotts, not beating with sticks. It does really work.

The proper way to retain pilots is by giving carrotts, not beating with sticks. It does really work.

????? duly noted. you need to start a mangers board so you, doug and TW can argue about things like who runs the "best" stepping stone cargo company.

????? duly noted. you need to start a mangers board so you, doug and TW can argue about things like who runs the "best" stepping stone cargo company.
Something to be said about being the best of the bottom feeders, we are happy to see our pilots advance in thier careers to places like NJ, SWA, AirTran, etc. I think it is a tribute to our recruiting and training.

You mean you guys don't have single seniority list, why our guys bid into the DC-9 after 2-3 months of flying the DA-20.

Something to be said about being the best of the bottom feeders, we are happy to see our pilots advance in thier careers to places like NJ, SWA, AirTran, etc. I think it is a tribute to our recruiting and training.

you win. i lose.
you're smart. i'm dumb.
you're strong. i'm weak

and usajet is the best job in the world. you guys over there are a direct descendant from god himself. all other pilots are inferior.

and usajet is the best job in the world. you guys over there are a direct descendant from god himself. all other pilots are inferior.

Its about time someone said it. :nuts:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back