per diem increase at AJI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

landlover

is now $2.00 per hour, up from $1.50p/h. no more mystery all you can eat buffets in laredo! all kidding a side it certainly doesn't hurt none.

yeah, but you know good ole fleet will still take back as much of it as he can.

Forget the solid diet (buffet)! Now you can upgrade that liquid diet.. no more PBR or Keystone...High Life and Busch here you come!!! :)

How many DC9s and 737s do you guys operate? Are pilots hired directly into those airplanes? How long would it take a typical FA20/LR24 FO to move up to the DC9/737 FO slot?

Lastly, what percentage of your pilots are based out of ADS vs. YIP?

* 3 DC-9's, 2 737's
*(Yes) 121 Time required to be hired of the street.
*Depends on performance and time spent with company.
*Most pilots are home based these days.

this place isn't that bad for me. i have bills to pay and that regional first year money is coming up short like that county check,"just aint enough". aside from that, its good experience. im home based and work 20 days a month. could be less but i am here to fly as much as possible and move on. quick upgrade as well. no one has been vilolated since i showed up, but from what other guys say it usually was cause the pilot was doing something they knew they weren't suppose to. or incriminating them selves on a discrepency sheet. call me stupid nieve or just dumb but getting violated could happen anywhere to anyone. if you let dispatch push you around get ready for a letter from your freindly neighborhood POI. Plenty of guys graduated from here with no LOIs or violations. Act like youre the captain and tell dispatch to call some that cares when they start crying about the freight being late cause the airplane is broken or the weather is crappy. Not acting like those really "cool" captains that think they are on a special list cause they always get the job done is half the battle.

135 side of the house, home basing is not offered to new hires. a bunch of guys have been grandfatehred in though.

Last edited:
Would they have done this if USA Jet had not rasied per-diem? BTW still hiring Captain off the street? Making everyone sign a contract?

Latest resources

Back