• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

per diem increase at AJI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Where can I get an application to fly for the all mighty USA JET. Do I have to have a letter of Rec[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ommendation from god himself or can I let St. Peter vouch for me himself. Usa Jet guys are all mostly old washed up cargo pilots who couldn't get on with the big boys years ago. AJI and Cherry Air does the same job with guys 23-29yrs old and gets the job done better,faster and more professional than USA JET on any day. You guys enjoy your monkey suits and your layoff's while we cruise past ya in our [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]dirty polo's,shorts,Ipod and Oakley's on our way to SWA,JB,NJ,Flex,Evergreen,Omni,Gemini,Allegiant,Primaris,ANA,Cathay and some of the best Corporate jobs in the industry.

[/FONT]
If I were you I'd omit Omni. They're just as big of a bottom feeder sh*thole as AJI!!!! LOL!

This turned into one of the stupidest threads on all of flightinfo led of course by pilotyip touting usajet. Who cares!! All these places suck and in less than a year and a half I will have the time I need and be on to a much better job hopefully. At any one of these jobs someone can go onto just about any job in the industry. Each one of these on-demand jobs has something over the other and we could sit here all day and argue about it. But I would rather get my pic time and quietly take the exit and so should y'all.

Redundant?

This turned into one of the stupidest threads on all of flightinfo led of course by pilotyip touting usajet. Who cares!! All these places suck and in less than a year and a half I will have the time I need and be on to a much better job hopefully. At any one of these jobs someone can go onto just about any job in the industry. Each one of these on-demand jobs has something over the other and we could sit here all day and argue about it. But I would rather get my pic time and quietly take the exit and so should y'all.
Redundant? Isn’t using stupid and thread in the same sentence redundant? other than that I agree with you. We are a training ground, our piltos move on after about 5 years. Good places SWA, FedEx, SWA, DAL, AirTran, Spirit, corp world. We are proud of we have provided our pilots in starting their careers. YIP is what you make of it, for a native Michigander who has lived all over the US I kinda like it. No hurricanes, no floods, a couple tornadoes once in while, and ice and snow. However, in Michigan ice and snow is not really a big deal like it is down south, they are equipped to handle it. The season change is something you really enjoy, unlike living in FL. where you go Ho Hum another beautiful day, so what. In Michigan, people call in sick on beautiful days. Flying out of YIP will make you one of the best instrument pilots in the country, YIP ranks up with SEA for the number of IFR days. In YIP you will learn the real meaning of clean airplane, deicing is a way of life you get really good at understanding holdover time. At YIP you will develop flying skills that allow you move onto your career destination, even if you do not care for the area like xfr8dog. It gave him the resume fluff to move to his next job. We all pay our dues in some way; YIP is only one way. Our turnover at USA Jet is very low so some other people must have found YIP an all right place to spend some time. How many major airports are there in the country where you can live 10 minutes from the parking lot on an acre of land for less than 200K? Where else can you still get one dollar drafts at places like the Wedge? As I said at the start YIP is what you make of it, some people say it is OK, others do not like it here and do not apply. Simple choices.

Last edited:
5 years then moving on? had a guy at AJI move on to SWA after 3 years and he had zero jet time when he got here. 2 years less in the on-demand word. thanks you very much i'll take it. not to mention when you over night outside the usa AJI pays for your food and you still get per diem. I'll take the ribs, yes the whole rack!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back