• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PCL off the Runway in TVC--no injuries

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My support for the crew and especially the Captain.
Hang in there.. Sir.

Always
Motch

There's some big news coming from NASA in a few weeks on this. NASA aeronautical/human factors scientists have determined that you must have flown exactly 1337 hours - no more, no less - before you can successfully and safely fly a regional jet.

Amazing.

Am I the only one that gets that.....

*snicker*

1337...hmmm... ;)

On a more serious note, I'm just grateful that there wasn't anyone hurt or killed, regardless of experience in the aircraft.

And we were just having this argument over on the majors board... about UAL's hiring of sub 1,000 hour wonder pilots (minorities) in the late 90's.

Anyone who tries to tell me they'd turn down that kind of job (or any job that's better than what they have) based solely on their own flight time is a liar. Period.

"Don't bullsh*t the bullsh*tter."

Having done that same job for three years at PCL, I know how stressfull and difficult it could get combined with a new trainee, wx, long duty day, winter ops.

My support goes to the cap. ad the pilot group

Ca

Flown with the CA many times, we had a whole month together a while back.

One of the best CA's I've flown with...flies the airplane great...just as good as anyone else I've ever flown with.

I'm very curious to see the details when they come out.

I know the CA involved in this crash... flew with him several times when I was an FO. He's one of the smartest, most skilled, and most methodical pilots I've ever flown with. I have all the respect in the world for him. This is certainly not going to be a "dude" incident.

Something about this stinks of poor/unreliable runway friction readings and a short runway. We all know how terrible the winter precip/contamination measurements can be at smaller airports.

Those of you trying to give 9E crap about running off the end of a runway... remember NWA puts at least one DC-9 off the runway in one of the northern midwest states every winter.

Those of you trying to give 9E crap about running off the end of a runway... remember NWA puts at least one DC-9 off the runway in one of the northern midwest states every winter.

Still better than Fedex... Fedex will get you one stopped upside down! :smash:

:D j/k

Latest resources

Back