PBS is coming to Express Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Speedtape

Read between the lines in one of the latest Com's. Do you want to know more? You should! The camel is about to stick his nose in the tent!

Last edited:
I support it 100%. PBS gives a substantial increase in building flexibility. That's not to say it's perfect--we need better controls over pairing construction. If we can get that I say leave PBS as is.

2500 erj pilots say PBS is history. Many IAD pilots are fed up with PBS and are lobbying against it with the erj pilots in the crew rooms and on overnights. There are "no PBS" notes in their cockpits and nopbs.com. A five minute ride on the hotel van with erj pilots saying they're open to it means nothing, they're just avoiding confrontation. The fact is they're altogether opposed to it.

PBS is a good system with good features, but the company is misusing it. PBS will be gone, and I'm glad.

PBS is the only thing I have ever voted "yes" for and I regret it. I'm voting no on any TA with PBS in it and encouraging the erj pilots to do the same.

Even our own mec, ie, NT is taking sides with the company saying vacation low will be eliminated and many of the QOL features will be lost.

I've seen Expressjet's line bidding and it blows what we have away.

Last edited:
We need more than control of pairing construction. With the company having control of the threshold you can't bid guarantee, or a 3 on - 4 off schedule.

And junior line holders end up on reserve if guys below them have vacation or training.

The XJT ERJ side will have PBS soon next year for phase two bidding instead of hand built lines, phase 1 will still be hard lines with the line improvement window. We'll see what our relief line guys say about it here by summer but it is basically a PBS test run.

Any xjt pilot in the bottom 80% system wide would be crazy to vote yes on a TA with pbs. Why? Pbs honors seniority. It will give the top 20% more control and the bottom less. If giving up control of your schedule to the senior guys is your thing then vote yes on pbs... As for the pbs for the secondary bid, we'll see if that's a good thing or not.

Watch out...the company may give you line bidding back, but expect it to not resemble anything you have now. They are out for blood, and concessions one way or another.

Watch out...the company may give you line bidding back, but expect it to not resemble anything you have now. They are out for blood, and concessions one way or another.

Ha...I wish the company good luck with that. I have no problem sticking with the current XJT contract. No legacy XJT pilots will have a subpar contract shoved down our throats. Sorry.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back