• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pass the word to OFFLINE Flight Attendant Jumpseaters on Jetblue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It looks like the answer is "yes", but do offline pilots still have unlimited jumpseats on JB?

Yes. That policy has not changed......yet. More and more JetBlue pilots are getting fed up with other carriers leaving us at the gate while they depart with empty seats and yet their pilots enjoy unlimited jumpseating on us. There is no official or unofficial movement to demand exact reciprocity, but the grumbling is sloooowly getting louder. Time will tell.

Was at the gate in ATL yesterday waiting for a CMR flt to JFK. Delta Captain, me and another JB F/O waiting for the flight. Kept delaying it and the DAL Capt checked the schedule and said the next LGA flt was wide open and was going to go over there. We decided to head over also just realizing that they only take one J/S. Got to the gate, the Capt was telling the agents - very nice ladies - that he was pretty sure they flowthrough with B6 and that he would sit in back to get us on! They signed us up and sent us down. Crew was great and welcomed us both and off we went!
Thanks Mike and Whip!!!

Yes. That policy has not changed......yet. More and more JetBlue pilots are getting fed up with other carriers leaving us at the gate while they depart with empty seats and yet their pilots enjoy unlimited jumpseating on us. There is no official or unofficial movement to demand exact reciprocity, but the grumbling is sloooowly getting louder. Time will tell.

I just had to buy an ID90 (Not a Pass and expensive) in ATL for Delta commuting home. Talked to the CA before purchasing the ticket, no dice. An Airtran guy was first and the 737-800 had 83 seats open.

FLL-ATL had 4 jumpseaters (2 gulfstream, 1 united and me JB). Thanks for the ride to that capt (explained he was a commuter). I support charging Delta pilots after the first 2 jumpseater(A320) OR 1 Jumpseat(E190) is taken. True Recip agreement! Thanks to ALL the other airlines for joining the UNLIMITED jumpseat policy.

Quick note: I had the privilege of jumping on UAL out of ORD for a month (nice break from the Delta commute). The UAL guys are great and thanks for making that commute so easy on your TED aircraft.

The UAL f/a's always try to make ALL our jumpseaters feel welcome.

As far as getting UAL to change the policy for j/s. The contract would need some serious paycuts for UAL to consider it (imho).....since the f/a's already took some serious haircuts (2 to be exact), I don't see how that would be possible. The UAL f/a's in NY already are eligible for food stamps....and that was BEFORE the first paycut. There is just no more money for these people to give up.

Last edited:

Agreed

I just had to buy an ID90 (Not a Pass and expensive) in ATL for Delta commuting home. Talked to the CA before purchasing the ticket, no dice. An Airtran guy was first and the 737-800 had 83 seats open.

FLL-ATL had 4 jumpseaters (2 gulfstream, 1 united and me JB). Thanks for the ride to that capt (explained he was a commuter). I support charging Delta pilots after the first 2 jumpseater(A320) OR 1 Jumpseat(E190) is taken. True Recip agreement! Thanks to ALL the other airlines for joining the UNLIMITED jumpseat policy.

Quick note: I had the privilege of jumping on UAL out of ORD for a month (nice break from the Delta commute). The UAL guys are great and thanks for making that commute so easy on your TED aircraft.

So what do you suggest Sail???

Should that DL pilot who left you behind break the rules out of his Flight Ops Manual??? We as pilots don't make the rules, we follow them. Grow up and act like someone who's jumpseated before unlimited......If it's full, MOVE ON.

Delta pilots couldn't even jumpseat on their OWN airplane until 1996......if you don't like the setup, then get with your touchy-feely pseudo-union study group and change it to exactly what you recommended.......odds are more JB people would lose out on rides then Delta.

Better yet, save your strength for the Transcon changes you people are crying about changing......you are going to need it!!!!

So what do you suggest Sail???

Should that DL pilot who left you behind break the rules out of his Flight Ops Manual??? We as pilots don't make the rules, we follow them. Grow up and act like someone who's jumpseated before unlimited......If it's full, MOVE ON.

Delta pilots couldn't even jumpseat on their OWN airplane until 1996......if you don't like the setup, then get with your touchy-feely pseudo-union study group and change it to exactly what you recommended.......odds are more JB people would lose out on rides then Delta.

Better yet, save your strength for the Transcon changes you people are crying about changing......you are going to need it!!!!

To quote one of the 4 Delta pilots going from JFK to BOS, " half of our New York pilot list lives in BOS." Might want to run your input bye them before you jump to conclusions about who loses.

I know you were giving it your all with the anger typing and COOL dashed words, but I like your avatar. Somebody that has my top movie as an avatar can't be as big of a @ick as you seem? Am I right or just reading the book by it's cover?

To use the word "Flowback" is whats in question. I welcome DAL pilots, to the limit that you impose on us. We offer unlimited, you have decided to limit this offer, not us. I will also state that Delta has unlimited (like all others) priviledges on us and I welcome all at this time. However, I do support a true Recip in priviledges, we offer unlimted while Delta offers limits.

Oh, and thanks for bring 1996 into this! Now I'm thinking about $265 per hour for DC-10's! I guess things change... like limited and unlimited jumpseating! Get with the times and put away your member's only jacket (you know you have one sitting in that closet just waiting).

Bill,

I was sooooo wrong!

I just read some of your past post. (1996 was quoted again? Do we have I love the 90's hang ups?)

I was so wrong.... You ARE a @ick!

Bill,

I was sooooo wrong!

I just read some of your past post. (1996 was quoted again? Do we have I love the 90's hang ups?)

I was so wrong.... You ARE a @ick!

Shows what a real TOOLBAG you are by wasting your time re-reading old posts.........good attitude ya got there, keep it up and maybe you can change the world with your posts.........if there was an award for largest Jackhole with a small-man problem, it would be ALL YOURS......

Latest resources

Back