• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pass the word to OFFLINE Flight Attendant Jumpseaters on Jetblue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can offer a cabin seat to an FA same as you would another pilot.
Don't think anyone is SOL.
I think the JB FA's just want the ability to commute offline like other airlines have been doing on them for the past 6 years with no reciprocity.

Yeah, as soon as I wrote that post, I thought I may have misunderstood the idea.

Yeah you guys started a great trend with that idea.

Tell me about it! Hopefully this won't get overlooked in our current mediation for a new contract. Our current contract didn't give us any leverage when the bean counters decided to start charging the 25 bucks.

You can paint dogsh!t any color you want DonnyV, but it's still dogsh!t.

I wouldn't count on the majors giving out js's to JB. The f/a's may want it but management could care less.

Baseless rumor, but I heard AA is preparing to offer JB FAs jumpseats as a result of the change.
Like I said, unverified.

Maybe the 121 aircraft mechanics community can start some type of jumpsets in the cabin agreement also. After all we do have a FAA airmen's licences.

Last edited:
I wouldn't count on the majors giving out js's to JB. The f/a's may want it but management could care less.

I heard that LUV and AA signed agreements for their F/A's, so who knows, maybe there will be a change like what we have seen with most airlines and unlimited jumpseats.

Certainly F/A's do a different job, but many gets "transplanted" just like pilots and for morale, if they cannot get a raise or continues to have concessions forced down their throats, like pilots, then maybe this will at least make the job slightly less onerous.

I'm with you Diezel.

I've seen many f/a's trying to commute to work who could care less if they get on. Most have the attitude of "if I don't get on my commuter, I'll go home and spend time with the family". You'd think the airline would try to make it easier for them to get to work considering that the f/a's covered by the union are quite difficult to fire. The only ones who ever seem freaked out over not making the commute are the new hires.

AA did sign an agreement with WN. That's a very nice start. Now it needs to expand to all the majors.

I ride on AA almost exclusively to get back and forth to work. A FA told me a couple weeks ago there was a movement forming to petition AA management for a reciprical with JetBlue.

All the AA guys/gals... thanks again for the rides!

Latest resources

Back