• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Parking TSA Airplanes AND More Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This makes perfect TSA sense (not common sense, or normal sense, but TSA sense). We're cancelling flights left and right because of a lack of crews, so obviously instead of having more coverage we should just furlough more. Yeah, that's real smart.

Looks like I get to live in fear of the phone ringing for another month.

You missed it. They're not JUST furloughing more. They're also parking airplanes. That should fix the lack of crews. Nice job TSA.

millhouse21 said:
You missed it. They're not JUST furloughing more. They're also parking airplanes. That should fix the lack of crews. Nice job TSA.

No, I realized that. What I was trying to say was that if we are losing 3 airplanes worth of flying, then if we didn't furlough anyone we might actually have decent reserve coverage (at least in STL, I hear that in RIC they have reserve coverage up the wazoo).

So is this just negotiation BS or is TSA really in trouble right now. I'm in the pool and I was hoping for september now I don't no if there will ever be a call.

WAZUP said:
So is this just negotiation BS or is TSA really in trouble right now. I'm in the pool and I was hoping for september now I don't no if there will ever be a call.

It's partly a negotiation ploy, and partly because all the J41 pilots are coming over to the jet and there's no place to put them. It also is in large part because United is apparently shifting more flying to GJ. I wouldn't be surprised to see even more furloughs in the coming months (which would put me on the street, so hopefully I'm wrong).

Truth be told, they're doing you a favor if they don't call you for class. Go somewhere else, anywhere else.

WAZUP said:

Yeah, unless we get some new flying you won't be called. I didn't expect them to transfer so much so fast to G0 Jet. Go to Regions if you really want St. Louis or just go anywhere else if you don't want St. Louis.

Without using my own jump to conclusion mat, I'm curious if this means that all flying will eventually be transferred from TSA to G0Jets for United.

I hope it isn't so. Good luck to you all at TransStates.

SK you want me to walk your resume in???

I also need a small supply of those ALTER-EGO JET badge holders & stickers to pass around in PHL if anybody can get me some.

That line between Go Jet pilots being scabs and not is getting pretty thin these days. If nothing else, they're definately replacement workers... Good luck TSA guys!

labbats said:
Without using my own jump to conclusion mat, I'm curious if this means that all flying will eventually be transferred from TSA to G0Jets for United.

I hope it isn't so. Good luck to you all at TransStates.

This wouldnt be the first time TSH has shut down an airline that it owns.

And I am still looking for a alter ego badge myself. Can anyone help out? Shrek?

UEJ500 said:
Who the HE11 are you anyway? And why are you on here defending G0jet all of the time?
Either a managent puke or wanna be puke, either way, puke!

Don't you have anything else better to do?

No he doesn't....He lives with his mommy and daddy in their basement. Has his camaro z28 paid for by daddy, as well as his car insurance, but he has the privilege of telling everyone he meets in the malls, that he's a DL pilot!
Just ignore this worthless prick and he will eventually go away! Notice all the folks that have this little dip on their ignore lists!

Latest resources

Back