• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Overseas CRJ's paying 130-150K

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A former student of mine is paying close to that plus medical, housing and 100% match 401K for all airframes from King Air to 737 in Saudi Arabia. It is an issue of what floats your boat. He has hundreds of applicants.

As long as pilots in the US settle (and I do not mean "agree to," I mean STOP SHOWING UP FOR WORK) sub $100/hour rates, there will be sub $100/hour rates.

I am sorry to rain on your parades, unless YOU stop showing up for work, the wages will continue.

Bob

It says that people would rather live in the 'good-ol US of A' than China.

Not really all that tough of a situation to figure out.

The thing to be worried about, is what happens when the Chinese learn how to create a pilot? They can build just about everything else better than we can now--that could mean 1.4 billion more reasons to worry about your job.

The thing to be worried about, is what happens when the Chinese learn how to create a pilot? They can build just about everything else better than we can now--that could mean 1.4 billion more reasons to worry about your job.

Good point. Even if you were a 1 in Million pilot, there would 1,000 pilots just like you.

Just because they have cheap labor doesn't mean they have tons of people that speak good English and can fly a plane.

Just because they have cheap labor doesn't mean they have tons of people that speak good English and can fly a plane.

The fact that you do or don't speak English has nothing to do with flying an airplane well. This kind of mentality is the reason living abroad is so refreshing and it is also the reason that the perception of Americans worldwide is less than desirable. How fluent are you in a second or third language? My guess is you are not.....at least they are trying.

Latest resources

Back