Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Options Pilots About To Draw A Line In The Sand!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And what about managers out there who read KR's book, believing he practiced what he wrote? I'm not saying his management by trust style doesn't work. It very well could....IF...it was actually used. It must be confusing for those in FLOPS management. KR passes out his book (for free) promoting all the things he doesn't do. :rolleyes: Coming from him, the advice is worth what they paid for it. I hope some workers somewhere are benefiting because the Ft Ops pilots sure as hell haven't seen trustworthy management from the author, have they...:mad: Pilots in that situation must have a CBA they can trust to protect them from management by whim. NJW

Dwayne, Give it a Rest!

Fedmagnet (Dwayne),
Yes, I know who you are. You speak of the person who was fired after putting up billboards, etc., when, in fact it was you.
I think it's really sad and even pathetic that you haven't moved on yet. Everyone knows you crossed the line for years at Flight Options, before and after the union was on the property. In the end you were fired because you intentionally tried to throw a fellow pilot under the bus. No one believes the union should have defended you for that.
I have some knowledge of the many (dozens) of pilots of pilots the labor consultant has saved from management's axe over the years. If I'm not mistaken, he even pulled your arse out of the fire on at least one previous occasion. You should be ashamed to libel the reputation of a man who has for years done so much for our pilots and the labor movement in general.
As for your overall negative attitude towards the union and its leadership, I think you run the risk of being forever known as the guy who ran a close second to F&H in terms of the FUD you've spun and the disunion you've tried to generate. Your comments have been and continue to be harmful to the Flight Options pilots and their efforts to gain a contract.
I think there is a little irony in the fact that you were fired because you tried to get a brother pilot fired and now you attack all pilots at Flight Options.
Why don't you take the shred of personal reputation you have left and move on with your life? Don't forget aviation is a small community. Your actions here and elsewhere will be remembered by all of us.
Have a nice day.

It's time to move on Dwayne, really.

Dwayne,

Everyone who volunteered to help secure a first contract at FLOPs knew full well the risks and potential ramifications. You did too. I know this for a fact. You were repeatedly told not to step over the line and yet you did.

Your reputation for tossing fellow crewmembers under the bus became well known at FLOPs and true to form, when you got your nuts in a wringer you did it to your FO on the day you got nailed. Now you have come to Flight Info to toss the entire 1108 under the bus after the Union saved your job more than once.

It's time to admit to yourself that you stepped over the line and paid the price that we all knew we might pay in the fight for fair working conditions and compensation at FLOPs. And it's time to move on.

Fedmagnet (Dwayne),
Yes, I know who you are. You speak of the person who was fired after putting up billboards, etc., when, in fact it was you.
I think it's really sad and even pathetic that you haven't moved on yet. Everyone knows you crossed the line for years at Flight Options, before and after the union was on the property. In the end you were fired because you intentionally tried to throw a fellow pilot under the bus. No one believes the union should have defended you for that.
I have some knowledge of the many (dozens) of pilots of pilots the labor consultant has saved from management's axe over the years. If I'm not mistaken, he even pulled your arse out of the fire on at least one previous occasion. You should be ashamed to libel the reputation of a man who has for years done so much for our pilots and the labor movement in general.
As for your overall negative attitude towards the union and its leadership, I think you run the risk of being forever known as the guy who ran a close second to F&H in terms of the FUD you've spun and the disunion you've tried to generate. Your comments have been and continue to be harmful to the Flight Options pilots and their efforts to gain a contract.
I think there is a little irony in the fact that you were fired because you tried to get a brother pilot fired and now you attack all pilots at Flight Options.
Why don't you take the shred of personal reputation you have left and move on with your life? Don't forget aviation is a small community. Your actions here and elsewhere will be remembered by all of us.
Have a nice day.

Wow, it seems that I have hit a nerve with the Flops Union Leadership or should I say non-leadership.
Dwayne busted his ars for RTA and then Flops after the merge. He did the best he could with the busted steaming piles of aluminum handed to him by pilots that thought they were doing the company a favor by not telling anyone the plane was broke.
Dwayne joined the union in hopes of a better and safer work environment and the hopes being paid fairly. He, like many at Flops needed protection from poor management. The Union was the only option.
If he wrote up a plane, you can bet your life that is was probaly broke.

Here is some truth;

Dubinsky took it upon himself to tell Flops Management who Dwayne was and what he was, without checking with the Flops IBT 1108 Leadership. Union leadership did not support his move at that time.

On the day in question, Flops had the crew report at FBO (MX base) hours before the scheduled flight. Dwayne had to pre-flight his own plane because the SIC chose to sleep in the FBO instead of taking care of his company required duties dutys first. Dwayne found that the items he written the night before had been pencil whipped and had found other items that were clearly broken. Dwayne reported it to the MX base just yards away. MX did nothing, so Dwayne put it in writing and faxed it in. More pencil whipping insued (all documented). More write ups made due to the pencil whips. MX quit working on the plane and the trip was missed. MX had plenty of time to remedy all items per Bob Tylers times line of events.
Company fires Dwayne for missing scheduled flight. :eek:
Reason: Not flight planning aircraft fast enough per company manuals.
Dwayne points out that it is SIC's duty to pre-flight per company manuals and that it was Dwayne that actually pre-flighted within reasonable time line.
Union (dubinsky) sent Dubinsky to represent Dwayne in the meeting. Dubinsky had never represented Dwayne before this. Dwayne pointed out and documented that Dubinsky spent 0 time represnting him in his case and was not inerested in the actual events of that day, instead Dubinsky spent all his time persuading Dwayne to write up charges (un-related to this case) against Bob Rheinhold while in Cleveland for the Cuyahoga1.
The company fired Dwayne.
When a few Union leaders and supporters raised the bull shat flag after reviewing the details, Dubinsky (the union) quickly moved to discredit Dwayne by spreading the "he diserved it", "the union could not help him" and "he threw his SIC under the bus".

The President of the Union told Dwayne that he was considered a "Hostage" and hostages would be negociated for return. Recently after everyone forgot about Dwayne, Dwayne gets message from the pres (MS) that tells him he is nolonger considered a hostage. Many recieved a copy of the letter.

Dubinsky called all the shots from begining to end.

Last edited:
... Dwayne had to pre-flight his own plane because the SIC chose to sleep in the FBO ...

Considering that the FO was so sleepy he couldn't accomplish his duties, shouldn't Dwayne have informed the company that the crew was fatigued? :confused: If a pilot is too tired to pre-flight the plane how could he be expected to fly safely? Sounds more like a judgment issue...:erm:

I should think that all Flt Ops pilots--past and present--would realize how important it is to speak with one voice during negotiations. Personality disputes and differing opinions are best handled privately when the FLOPS are waiting like vultures to pick apart any unity seams that might start to break under the strain of having management drag out the contract process. Their goal is to wear you guys down. Making comments that undermine confidence in 1108 leadership at a time like this shows poor judgment and plays into their hands. You have to push back by standing together in your fight for fairness. Hang in there! NJW

Does it feel weird to talk about yourself in the third person?

I do not like Flops poor management any more than you do.
But standing behind sell out Union Leadership is not going to get the contract.
Fix the Leadership and I will get behind you.

Fedmagnet (Dwayne),
In the end you were fired because you intentionally tried to throw a fellow pilot under the bus. No one believes the union should have defended you for that.

That is not what went down and you know it.
Read Dwayne's termination letter from Flops, you have it. It does not mention anything close to this rumor that you keep selling.
For damage control and to save your azz, you start BS lies about someone that busted their butt for a better flight department and a contract.

See; Karma.

pete best; What is with the 5 post, too many people know your other name that you normally use. I see that you spent a lot of time signing up and filling out that profile. Come on, put some effort into it.
FracMonkey; 22 post.
Suddenly the newbies have something say.

Last edited:
Jesus, give me a break from the idiot's who post here. There is NO WAY Mr. Ricci can hire enough guy's to replace his current staff. It would cost him a fortune, and take months to get enough people trained and on line. The charter cost would go out the window. Give KR some credit, he knows how to save a buck. Fact is the economy is on the way back, he knows it, and so do the working opts guy's. Word on the street is..... those that haven't signed on are scrambing to do so. Even the chronic late pay folks have caught up !!! Huh go figure !!! The beach fire is getting brighter.

I do not like Flops poor management any more than you do. So why not just focus on common ground, especially when doing so is best for the pilots and their families that had nothing to do with your personal (hint, hint) situation? But standing behind sell out Union Leadership Stating your opinion (lacking in objectivity because of your close relationship w/Dwayne) doesn't make it factual. It must be noted that others, also well-informed, don't share your viewpoint. is not going to get the contract. ...

The 1108 pilots --all of them as a group with family support--are the Union. And standing together, especially during negotiations, is the only way they will achieve a fair contract. That said, there is a time and place for everything. 1108 pilots can express their individual opinions thru their vote on a TA and for elected leaders. They also have a private message board to ask questions of their leadership. Hopefully, they are making good use of that resource because a fully engaged, unified (please note the emphasis) Membership has the best chance of success.

I stand behind the 1108 pilots because they are professionals who should be paid as such with fair work rules and benefits that reflect their contribution to the company. I also know from personal experience how much a frac family sacrifices to make the demanding lifestyle possible and that must be respected, as well. I want the Options pilotgroup to succeed in their fight for fairness because they are standing up for what is right --for themselves and the industry. NJW

Latest resources

Back