Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Options Pilots About To Draw A Line In The Sand!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rock and roll there boys!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's see if you can get that sympathy strike going on to support you at Netjets.... Oh, that's right... they no longer are part of 1108. Gee, that kinda sucks, doesn't it?

And remember...... Be careful what you ask for!!!!!!!!

You just might get it!!! :bawling:

B!!! Buddy! I MISSED YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!! Where ya Been?
My life hasnt been complete without your diatribes! Where did you go?
Back to the home office to get retrained in FUD? A long vacation? A visit to the lloney bin? HEY, NJW!! Look who I found clawing at the Doorstoop!! Its our pal and amigo B!! My Goodness, its been so long!

I am sooooo relieved you are ok, and back with us. My life is complete once again! Damn, Son, Gimme some MORE of that B19 wisdom!!! I need it like I need more COWBELL!

By all means, HSF, if it amuses you, throw clawing whiners a bone...err quote... :p As for me, I can live just fine without all that baying at the moon and foaming at the mouth. I did get a good laugh from your post, though, and if you're happy, my friend, so am I. Simple pleasures are the best they say...;) A visit to the loony bin? Any thing's possible.

The Options pilots have 2 other means of getting their message across before a strike--billboards and picketing. I'd love to see either one. Hold the line, Options pilots and families! You're getting closer to your goal of a fair contract so now's the time to dig in your heels and stand up for your legal right to work under a contract. Hang in there!! Respectfully, NJW

If the advertising campaign (billboards, banners and picketing) is effective the company will demand a sacrificial lamb, Dubinsky will identify the effective anonymous union supporter and hand them over to the company to appease the gods. Then they will swiftly remove the person from the seniority list and the Union will claim that he or she deserved it.

This is exactly what happened to the last person that worked hard on a advertising campaign that embarrassed the company.

When the ones at the top sell out their brothers (and the group of pilots that they work for), it is hopeless.

duplicate

Last edited:
A strike would be Kenn's dream. It will give him a reason to fire the "bad Teamster pilots who walked off the job and negatively affected our customers" and replace them with people who will do what they are told when and how they are told to do it without question. The vast majority of the millionairs in the back really don't care about the pilots. They care about getting into Aspen, their shrimp tray, and their bill at the end of the month. I would bet most of them are actually hostile to organized labor.

... Dubinsky will identify the effective anonymous union supporter and hand them over to the company to appease the gods. :eek: Isn't he the labor consultant that works with Unions?? Then they will swiftly remove the person from the seniority list and the Union will claim that he or she deserved it. To clarify, I wasn't suggesting anything that wasn't arranged by 1108 and done under their guidance. This is exactly what happened to the last person that worked hard on a advertising campaign that embarrassed the company. How bizarre! Did they perhaps act on their own, unaware of the possible unintended consequences? I know timing is important during negotiations and that it's imperative that the pilots always act professionally, even when the other side doesn't. It's a harsh reminder that you don't have full oversight and due process until you have a CBA. The NJA folks were warned that "hostages" get taken in contract battles..:mad:

When the ones at the top sell out their brothers God, I hope not!! (and the group of pilots that they work for), it is hopeless.

WOW!! I feel for you guys and your families. Still, you do have the power of the vote. The final say is up to you. Hang in there and keep those of us pulling for you posted. NJW

Scabs? Really? Is it the 30s or what? I didn't think that term was still used.

You just nailed it. That’s the question each and every FLOPS pilot will have to ask themselves. Is being a scab a serious stigmatic issue?

There was a time when pride, character, and self esteem meant something. That time still exists for some. There are still a few pilots that would rather be unemployed than hear the word “scab” on the radio when he/she checks in with ATC. The thought of someone turning their back on them in an FBO would be the ultimate insult.

Has times really changed that much? Is the average FLOPS pilot willing to carry a brand that Ricci places on them, but not himself? A brand that will last until they die? Will they sell themselves to someone that doesn’t respect them?

Are they really mirror-proof?

At least the Phenom 300s are on the way!!!!! A strike would certainly crimp the introduction of that aircraft to the public.

I am surprised you FLOP pilots put up with all of this s**t!!!!! Kenn seems like the biggest loser boss (i.e., love me or you're fired). What would Herb Kelleher think about Kenn's management style?

You just nailed it. That’s the question each and every FLOPS pilot will have to ask themselves. Is being a scab a serious stigmatic issue?

There was a time when pride, character, and self esteem meant something. That time still exists for some. There are still a few pilots that would rather be unemployed than hear the word “scab” on the radio when he/she checks in with ATC. The thought of someone turning their back on them in an FBO would be the ultimate insult.

Has times really changed that much? Is the average FLOPS pilot willing to carry a brand that Ricci places on them, but not himself? A brand that will last until they die? Will they sell themselves to someone that doesn’t respect them?

Are they really mirror-proof?
In this day and age and market I'm sure they will have no trouble finding people of low integrity willing to sell out for a few dollars. The flight department just happens to be (mostly) run by such a group of men.

At least the Phenom 300s are on the way!!!!! A strike would certainly crimp the introduction of that aircraft to the public.

Kenn will railroad this to an impasse quickly so he can hire replacement pilots before the Phenom shows up in any large numbers. I would be willing to bet BT and some of his cronies have already arranged to get typed so they can fly it when the Teamsters are off the property via strike or lockout.

Latest resources

Back