Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Options Pilots About To Draw A Line In The Sand!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Migs

How many of us MIGS will vote NO to a contract and shut down Flight Options? or Kenn just locks us out in OCT and rehires the guys that are furloughed and hungry.

A contract is a BIG IF! We need 50+1 to vote yes.

We need?????

Can I assume that you are a MIG and will be voting?

If not, don't worry about it. I will vote NO unless it is industry standard.

Vote on what??? There will be no TA. Uncle Kenn will NEVER agree to one therefore there will be nothing to vote on.

Whats next

What if no agreement is reached during the 30-day cooling off period?
If no agreement is reached by the end of the 30-day cooling off period, the parties are free to exercise "self-help." This means that the carrier is free to impose its last offer, temporarily cease operations or engage in other self-help activity (e.g., hiring permanent replacements). The union is free to strike or engage in other self-help activity.

http://www.ipapilot.org/media/rla.asp#What if no agreement is reached during the 30-day cooling off period?

This was copied directly from the IPA (UPS pilots union) website. Note the part about hiring "permanent replacements"

Theoretically possible, but extremely difficult to pull off. The FLOPs know the owners wouldn't wait while replacements were hired and the training bill would be huge. Not to mention, could they even find that many pilots willing to be forever branded a scab....:erm:

Managers frequently use the replacement threat to intimidate the workforce. My husband wouldn't let it stop him if he was an Options pilot and I don't see those guys caving after coming this far. NJW

Vote on what??? There will be no TA. Uncle Kenn will NEVER agree to one therefore there will be nothing to vote on.

Then why are you so worried?

Get on with your life and enjoy the $100 per year raise that is in place.

Leave the union to negotiate for its members.

I know Kenn doesn't like unions, but I don't think he would want to be regarded as the Frank Lorenzo of the fractional world. Then how would he be able to come out with the sequel, management by trust part 2, the unions best steward.

Latest resources

Back