Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Options Pilots About To Draw A Line In The Sand!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jesus, give me a break from the idiot's who post here. There is NO WAY Mr. Ricci can hire enough guy's to replace his current staff. It would cost him a fortune, and take months to get enough people trained and on line. The charter cost would go out the window. Give KR some credit, he knows how to save a buck. Fact is the economy is on the way back, he knows it, and so do the working opts guy's. Word on the street is..... those that haven't signed on are scrambing to do so. Even the chronic late pay folks have caught up !!! Huh go figure !!! The beach fire is getting brighter.

Doc I respectfully disagree with you. There are so many typed and current guys on the street right now from corporate and charter jobs that I don't believe it would be nearly as hard as you think. That doesn't include the number of active and furloughed guys that might scab. Simuflite is hurting for buisness and has a lot of excess capacity. They could probably train 100 a month (1 new hire class of 25 per week) and thus turn the entire staff in 90 days. If a guy was already typed they could get him on the certificate in 2 weeks. It would be expensive but Mr Ricci hates unions and loves control so much that I think he would be willing to do it. If he pre bought large blocks of charter in advance that would mitigate the transition costs. Lots of hungry 135 operators out there now.
For the record, notwithstanding the fact that you called me an idiot, I hope that I am wrong and you are right.

He is right you are an idiot.

How about instead of name calling we debate the topic at hand. I take it you strongly disagree with my opinion. Why?

Last edited:
doc i respectfully disagree with you. There are so many typed and current guys on the street right now from corporate and charter jobs that i don't believe it would be nearly as hard as you think. That doesn't include the number of active and furloughed guys that might scab. Simuflite is hurting for buisness and has a lot of excess capacity. They could probably train 100 a month (1 new hire class of 25 per week) and thus turn the entire staff in 90 days. If a guy was already typed they could get him on the certificate in 2 weeks. It would be expensive but mr ricci hates unions and loves control so much that i think he would be willing to do it. If he pre bought large blocks of charter in advance that would mitigate the transition costs. Lots of hungry 135 operators out there now.
For the record, notwithstanding the fact that you called me an idiot, i hope that i am wrong and you are right.

f.u.d.

Ok the facts: Almost everyone is a MIG, Most CA's are MIG'S. How you gonna do IOE, recurrent, line checks and all the rest. Who is gonna cross that line?? Who will want to fly under those conditions.(pax) If KR is pissed, I don't blame him. He was hosed by MS, HIG, and Raytheon. The fact of the matter is he is only guy who tried to grow the place and not rape it. The chess game is over, it's time to put this place back on the map.

BTW if your an idiot and said so, my apology.

Not Options anymore. Resigned from the company as a member in good standing about 13 months ago. Have no plans of coming back and don't think I would be welcome back. Management felt I was too opinionated (read as pro union) for my position. I only read and post because a lot of my good friends are still there or are furloughed from there.

I think it's to your credit, GBJ, that you wouldn't be welcomed back. Kudos to you for being too "opinionated" and for still following the pilotgroup's fight for a contract. NJW

Ok the facts: Almost everyone is a MIG, Most CA's are MIG'S. How you gonna do IOE, recurrent, line checks and all the rest. Who is gonna cross that line?? Who will want to fly under those conditions.(pax) If KR is pissed, I don't blame him. He was hosed by MS, HIG, and Raytheon. The fact of the matter is he is only guy who tried to grow the place and not rape it. The chess game is over, it's time to put this place back on the map.

BTW if your an idiot and said so, my apology.

1. Under 135 IOE isn't required. Captains coming out of simuflite after indoc only need a 1 leg line check and F/Os require no additional training or checking. It would only take 1 check airman per fleet and 2 ground instructors to run new hires through indefinatly. Simuflite takes care of the rest. Same goes for recurrent.
2. I don't know who would cross the line. With a lot of typed unemployed charter and corp guys out there I doubt it would be hard to find 300 low integrity guys to scab. Maybe the VP of flight Ops could call some of his old friends from Eastern that are all checked out in the procedure.
3. I don't think the pax care about much more than getting into Aspen, their shrimp tray, and the bill at the end of the month. I bet most are actually hostile to organized labor since it threatens their control.
4. Kenn both tried to grow and rape the company at first but thats another story. It seems everyone who has run the company has plundered her to the detrement of the employees and customers.
5. This we can agree on. It is time to get Options back on the map. I would love nothing more than to be wrong. I think it would be great if the 1108 got a contract and Options once again became a great place to work. I just don't see how the union has the leverage to get that done right now.

Latest resources

Back