one more year is all I can take!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilot124,

This world as we know it to be possibly may be coming to an end, I do not know. I am going back into hiding in fear of this possibly happening. . . I think I have enough supplies to last me another few days in this bunker.:D :D

:D

3 5 0

I'm a uniter. Not a divider

A lover. Not a fighter.

:rolleyes:

Corny.

Listen, I don't want to be guilty of hijacking this thread twice.

So...(apropos hopefully)...if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

:cool:

"I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight toker."

So, can anyone tell me: what the heck is "the pompatus of love?"

For your enjoyment:

Pompatus

I don't have the patience to add my full story to the mix. Beautiful wife and three great kids. Sold'em on the flying idea in '99 back when things were great. Two years at a regional and then on to the majors for a 25 year career. Plenty of travel and income.

5 years of working two jobs (flying & corporate purchasing) and a whole lot of sacrifice on everybody's part. Two job offers both under $25K. Please. My friends (non-aviation) think I that Lear FO's should make $60-70K.

Just took another corporate purchasing job paying very well. I'm going to let the aviation game come to me now. Sure I'll still send out the ocassional resume, but the flying job at all costs isn't that important anymore.

However, if anybody wants a mature, intelligent, and friendly Lear FO and doesn't mind paying for some commitment, I'm available.

Dude--I was miserable because I was buying the beer! A pilot and his money are not easily parted.;)

Actually, dude, I was referring to the period after 11/01.

On topic--Good points and experiences. all.TC

Just to throw out the counterpoint to several of the posts about being a "responsible husband"... I'm not so sure that staying in a job you hate to provide for your family is any better... you end up miserable and that manifests itself in other ways.. drinking, physical and verbal abuse, withdrawal from others, general apathy towards your family. There are plenty of well documented cases of people taking the"responsible" path only to find that they resented their families beyond belief, b/c they felt the family was the only reason they were in a job they hated.

I had the chance to work a job I despised but made amazing money for 2 1/2 years, but I was miserable and unenjoyable to be around and just generally grouchy and mean. Now I make squat while finishing my ratings but I'm around aviation 7 days a week and never been happier. Girlfriend and friends all comment on how much more enjoyable I am to be around since I changed jobs.

Just something to keep in mind before lighting in to all these ppl who make career changes.

Re: Re: Bravo! Well done brother Timebui

bigD said:
I'm not as young as a lot of people on this board, but you're right - my Dad and Mom hadn't even met when CSN&Y were doing Woodstock. But my Dad was a hippy back in the day, so I grew up with CSN&Y, the Allman Brothers, Joplin, Hendrix, etc...

I have all their albums on vinyl now. Simply awesome.

Did any of those groups ever play with George Jones? How abouy Buck Owens?

BTW, what the heck is csn&y? Somethink like akus?

Man I need to go put a Flatt & Scruggs disc on the turntable, all of these hippies are corrupting me.

enigma

What the heck is CSN&Y?

Crosby Stills Nash and Young.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back