• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You people are cracking me up!!

Hi,

Just checking in to see if I got any good replies---
Love the hijacking!! What a diversion from the topic at hand, I am sure there are many of you out there who would make great psychologists if your flying careers don't work out!

Thanks for all the support and kind words-
One thing my husband keeps telling me is, "HOn, I am doing the whole flying career thing for us..."

Well sometimes I wonder, but his two best friends are pilots for CO, and he sees them home all the time with tons of money, but these guys are single with no kids...

I am now in Grad school, flying, doing real estate and running around with 2 boys to baseball games, swimming lessons and nursery school while he flies all day and works all night....

If he doesn't make it........I will

The tide is high, I'm holding on........
I'm not the kind of girl who gives up just like that......oh nooooo

Cheers have a great weekend!!!
Pilotswife

Re: You people are cracking me up!!

pilotswife said:
I am now in Grad school, flying, doing real estate and running around with 2 boys to baseball games, swimming lessons and nursery school while he flies all day and works all night....

If he doesn't make it........I will

The tide is high, I'm holding on........
I'm not the kind of girl who gives up just like that......oh nooooo
Grad school, flying, selling, and playing Mom...

I assume she cooks and cleans, too... :)

And on top of that, she sings!?!?! :) :) :) :)

I hope he remembers Mother's Day is coming up soon !

(Now if I can just get that picture of Debra Harry out of my head!)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bravo! Well done brother

Timebuilder said:

I like Flatt and Scruggs for top notch bluegrass, but I've been able to hang out with Roger Sprung (The Progrersssive Bluegrassers) a few times. A very fine banjo picker. Believe it or not, so is Don McLean. A fretless banjo, no less.

You a Bela Fleck fan, TB? Some d@mn good pickin' my Bela and his band.

SK
:cool:

Career changing

CUEBOAT said:
I'm not saying your husband is bitching I just don't understand this mid-life crisis career change . . . .
Let me try to explain. I was a career-changer to full-time aviation at age 37. I had loved airplanes and flying since I was a child, and always knew that one day I would learn how to fly. I wasn't ever sure what I wanted to be when I grew up, but an aviation career was out of the question because there were not many viable opportunities when I was 18, and I did not believe my eyesight was good enough. Also, there was no doubt that I would go to college. Although I majored in Accounting, I decided in my second year of college that I would work in broadcasting.

Broadcasting, as Timebuilder and Airpiraterob will also tell you, is not the most stable business. (It's something like aviation.) It wasn't until I was 31 before I was making enough money and felt I had enough stability to start flying. So, I did, in 1982. I just wanted to get my Private, but I found that I enjoyed it so much that I went on to get all my single-engine ratings. I got my CFI as a way to put flying on a paying basis.

As my love for flying grew my dislike for radio also grew. I felt I was young enough to start in something else, so, I figured, I should do something I really like. I had two friends who had gone on to the regionals, so, I thought, why can't I? I had a First Class Medical and a SODA for vision, so vision was not the problem I thought it was when I was younger. Kit's "pilot shortage" helped drive my enthusiasm, so I made the decision. I already had my degree and only needed my multi ratings to be ready.

It took me nearly a year to get a full-time job. After my last day in radio I bolted out the station door and did not look back. When I finally went to work as a pilot, I found myself looking forward to going to work for the first time in many years.

And that's why I changed careers.

Unfortunately, it did not go as planned. My goal was the regionals, but my timing was bad. Hiring virtually stopped. No regional wanted me, probably because they thought that I, at 40+, was too old. I was getting nowhere fast. I felt I had to move on to something else. But, not for a minute do I regret changing careers. I would have had more regrets had I not made the decision.

Sometimes, you must do what you must do.

PS-Our law office investigator brought in a CD of "In-A-Gadda-da-Vida" this week. Our new receptionist-paralegal had never heard of the group that recorded it.

Last edited:
All 17 minutes?

In-A-Gadda-da-Vida baby dontcha know that I'll always lo-ve you-ou....

Iron Butterfly!

And I was born in 1968.

Impressive, no?

I'm glad Pilotswife didn't mind the hijack and send best wishes. You sound like a keeper to me.

Iron Butterfly

mar said:
In-A-Gadda-da-Vida baby dontcha know that I'll always lo-ve you-ou....

Iron Butterfly!

And I was born in 1968.

Impressive, no
Very good!

The sad thing about it all is I am a year older than our receptionist-paralegal's father.

Latest resources

Back