• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

One man's comparison of USN and USAF

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm just a young guy, but some of my LIFT IP's (old-craniums from the F-4 and F-15A days) talked of the incident in great detail. They swore it happened. In fact, I recently talked to a Kadena Eagle Driver who confirmed the story I heard at lift.
Really, the Kadena Eagle Driver confirmed the story. I find that hard to believe. The legend was invented by Fighting Falcon drivers many moons ago. I heard the same "confirmed" rumors when I was at LIFT, and that was over 15 YEARS AGO!
Lt. Disco thinks anyone who can land on a boat or is willing to fly under 10,000 AGL is a "cowboy".
No, I flew RF-4s, I like flying low. You can have that boat stuff. Oh and by the way, it's Commander not Lt. Hence the CC in CCDiscoB.

Legend

I don't know dude. I wasn't there, I just know what I heard. It's true that rumors abound in the fighter community, but it seems to me that very few Light Gray drivers put up much resistance to the story. I find that tough to believe, since the Eagle dudes are not too hesitant to bitch and moan about stuff. Why would they not bitch and moan about such a huge story, especially if it was false? Maybe because it's true?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by CCDiscoB
Oh and by the way, it's Commander not Lt. Hence the CC in CCDiscoB.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Way Small!

Re: Re: Re: SCOFF HEAVILY!!

talondriver said:
Not envy..pride.

Everything's expensive nowadays. From P-3 toilet seats to carriers. But, you won't find a B-2 on Ebay...yet.

I needed that 10,000 feet of runway when I sat alert with a 488,000 pound jet.

Yes alert...Rez, I wish you would have told me about your dad earlier. Now I feel like those four years of nuke alert were a waste.

And Rez? Can you still get in the O'club?

Those four years weren't a waste. Don't be so hard on yourself... Standby for a nuke sub is an honorable job.

A 22 year old in a spandex dress can get into the O'club.

Patmack18 said:
Told ya Huge had the good one liners...

One liners??

Have you looked back at "Hugh's" post throughout this thread???

banana? weenie? penis?

It sounds more like an obsession.

Re: Re: Re: Re: SCOFF HEAVILY!!

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Those four years weren't a waste. Don't be so hard on yourself... Standby for a nuke sub is an honorable job.

A 22 year old in a spandex dress can get into the O'club.

I seriously doubt if the boomers covered all the TGTs but their job was and is an honorable one. When did you serve?

And dude... A 50 year old in leather can get into an O'club nowadays.

Patmack18 said:
Good luck if you're gonna tangle wits with Huge there... he's got some good one liners.

Jolly, just wrapping up Primary... Forms took forever. My Form partner and I were a couple of the only guys AHEAD of the pace, so we got stuck on hold so others could get their x's out of the way. Things are getting busy for me again, just gotta bust out RI's, and already have a few x-c's with IP's lined up for weekend trips to Key West. Can't wait... it's not WESTPAC, but it should be fun! Forms has gotta be the coolest thing I've done so far. Loved it, and as the phase was ending, I was getting pretty good it at.

And AF Envy is just a phrase AF guys made up to make them feel better about being 2nd best.... :D

Oh yeah? Well...we have more golf courses than you!!!! :rolleyes:

Key West rocked!! Stay away from the east end of Duval Street though :cool:

talondriver said:

Key West rocked!! Stay away from the east end of Duval Street though :cool:

During sub lockout training in Key West our C-130 Combat Talon drivers got to spend a few days with us during the exercise.

During a liberty excursion we got the co-pilot snot-slinging drunk and he passed out around 2300. Took him to the east Duval St area and sold him to a couple of "the boys" over there for $110. We had enough drinking money for the rest of the night.

He was pissed off the next day but he was pretty quiet the rest of the exercise. We used that story from then on as leverage for insisting on accurate drops from the C-130 pilots.

The SOW FACs that were assigned to us (all enlisted guys) were never dumb enough to fall for that trick, even though we tried every time we got new guys.

Latest resources

Back