One man's comparison of USN and USAF

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Patmack18 said:
speaking of "that chick in singapore." I finally found out what the banana is... you gotta be a sick puppy to eat that banana...
Someone has misinformed you, Pat. The banana doesn't have anything to do with that "chick" in Singapore.
I never saw a single AF dude eat the banana in Okinawa... Well, I did hear about the F-15 crew chief eating a different kind of banana and getting caught in Kadena, but that's a different story.

As long as there are tail hooks there will be AF envy!

The AF builds their golf coourses then call congress for runway money. The Navy begs for every cent to keep the ship running.

Heard the USAF charter aims to take all military flying from the Navy. True?

I grew up Navy watching Dad kick Soviet as$..... What a gift.....Thanks...

SCOFF HEAVILY!!

I did hear about the F-15 crew chief eating a different kind of banana and getting caught in Kadena, but that's a different story.
Please, that's such an urban rumor. Just like my buddy who lost his kidney in Vegas.
The AF builds their golf courses then call congress for runway money.
...and Navy pilots fly cross-country to play on those courses. "Apples and oranges"...different pots of money (Golf courses and runways).
I grew up Navy watching Dad kick Soviet as$.....
You're right, the AF had nothing to do during the Cold War.

Urban legend my a--!

I'm just a young guy, but some of my LIFT IP's (old-craniums from the F-4 and F-15A days) talked of the incident in great detail. They swore it happened. In fact, I recently talked to a Kadena Eagle Driver who confirmed the story I heard at lift. It was the "Fighting Cocks" at Kadena. Thereafter referred to as the "Biting Cocks"

Re: SCOFF HEAVILY!!

CCDiscoB said:
Please, that's such an urban rumor. Just like my buddy who lost his kidney in Vegas.

oh my, an A/F weenie scoffs in my general direction. There's a first! A little sensitive about that one, are we?:D

Re: Urban legend my a--!

A-10yungin said:
I recently talked to a Kadena Eagle Driver who confirmed the story I heard at lift. It was the "Fighting Cocks" at Kadena. Thereafter referred to as the "Biting Cocks"
Maybe it was Disco.

Re: SCOFF HEAVILY!!

CCDiscoB said:
...and Navy pilots fly cross-country to play on those courses. "Apples and oranges"...different pots of money (Golf courses and runways).
You're right, the AF had nothing to do during the Cold War.

Did I say envy or did you just confirm it? Ships are just damm expensive to keep up....

Anyone can land a jet on 10,000 feet of concrete 200 ft wide....

"Col. let's get crazy and take the fifth high speed, we'll be the talk at the O'club!"

Re: Re: SCOFF HEAVILY!!

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Did I say envy or did you just confirm it? Ships are just damm expensive to keep up....

Anyone can land a jet on 10,000 feet of concrete 200 ft wide....

"Col. let's get crazy and take the fifth high speed, we'll be the talk at the O'club!"

Not envy..pride.

Everything's expensive nowadays. From P-3 toilet seats to carriers. But, you won't find a B-2 on Ebay...yet.

I needed that 10,000 feet of runway when I sat alert with a 488,000 pound jet.

Yes alert...Rez, I wish you would have told me about your dad earlier. Now I feel like those four years of nuke alert were a waste.

And Rez? Can you still get in the O'club?

Latest resources

Back