On-duty controller during crash had 2 hours sleep before work

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASARJMan said:
Here in the airline world mechy, gear down is verified down every landing! See mechy, those little Cessnuts have gear that's already down. Maybe that's why you're so confused. Now, back to the GA message board with you!

VOTED IN FAVOR!
deleted

So, I am in uniform and step into the hotel elevator. A guy steps in to join me on this two floor ride.

He looks at me and says, "Well, at first I thought I had to worry about the pilots. Now , I know I should worry about the controllers"

I said, "Why is that?"

He said, "Well , you know what happened in Lexington...the controller had two hours of sleep?"

I said, "Well, there are many people that could have made a good decision there".

Anyways...what a tool

Wankel

ASARJMan said:
Woooooooooooeeeeeeeee! Boy, you better stick to those wrenches and leave the real world to us professional peelots, okkkkk???? Clueless you are.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

Hey shiite for brains, yes I have all that time in those aircraft in my logbook. The b-17 is N900RW, the B-25 is N333RW. Go look them up, when you're not playing on MS Flight Simulator. I worked on those aircraft at the museum. Its been several years since I flew an aircraft with fixed gear.

Yes, the gear is verified down, I do that too, but not by the ATC controller.

Now, go pre-flight your your commuter puddle jumper, raise the gear handle when the real pilot allows you to do so, and thank the mechanic for doing his job when they come up.

You are a prime reason for thread drift, ass wipe.

erj-145mech said:
Negative, the controller issued a take off clearance, the crew accepted that clearance, and failed to follow that clearance. Its not the controllers job to check that the pilots are doing there job. Have you ever accepted a contact approach? Maintain visual separation?

Hey dipsh!t,
Explain to all of us what exactly do the controllers do as they are standing at the LC or GC position and transmit instructions to aircraft. Are they reading the newspaper? Controllers in the towers look out the windows, that's what they are there for. I am not saying this is the controllers fault here either. Contact approaches? Gave thousands, and accepted plenty. Maintained visual separation? Yep, gave out tens of thousands of those and have accepted thousands, so what?

Hey, A$$ of the atmosphere, its like any other clearance, once the pilots accepts that clearance, the controllers out of the picture until another clearance or cancellation is issued. If you were issued a taxi and take off clearance to runway 22, and accepted it, and departed on 26, without clearance, who's fault is it? There was no conflicting ground traffic to monitor. Had Comair 5191 not accepted the clearance, then that would have been another story.

There will most probably be changes in ATC procedures as a result of this accident, but the accident is not a result of controller error. Get over it already.

erj-145mech said:
Hey, A$$ of the atmosphere, its like any other clearance, once the pilots accepts that clearance, the controllers out of the picture until another clearance or cancellation is issued.

If you think for one second the controller is "out of the picture" once he makes his transmission, you have absolutely zero comprehension of how ATC works.

If you were issued a taxi and take off clearance to runway 22, and accepted it, and departed on 26, without clearance, who's fault is it?

That fault is the pilots. I am not disputing that at all if you read my last post. Your post insinuates the controllers say what they are supposed to say and look at the floor or somewhere else.
Are you, or have you ever been a controller? If so where and in what capacity? If not, STFU.

There was no conflicting ground traffic to monitor. Had Comair 5191 not accepted the clearance, then that would have been another story.

There will most probably be changes in ATC procedures as a result of this accident, but the accident is not a result of controller error.

Exactly what I said. I guess you can't read.

Get over it already.

You need to get over it.

erj-145mech said:
Hey, A$$ of the atmosphere, its like any other clearance, once the pilots accepts that clearance, the controllers out of the picture until another clearance or cancellation is issued. If you were issued a taxi and take off clearance to runway 22, and accepted it, and departed on 26, without clearance, who's fault is it? There was no conflicting ground traffic to monitor. Had Comair 5191 not accepted the clearance, then that would have been another story.

There will most probably be changes in ATC procedures as a result of this accident, but the accident is not a result of controller error. Get over it already.

Geezzzzz, I give up.

Hoser

erj-145mechNow said:
I respect our professional ASA mechanics greatly jerk. But you, man, wouldn't last here at all with your superior knowledge of everything aviation. Ooooh weeee, you have b17 time logged, guess we're all supposed to be impressed? Commuter puddle jumper? That the best you got boy?

VOTED IN FAVOR!

HoserASA said:
Geezzzzz, I give up.

Hoser

Don't blame you there Hoser. After all, Mr Mech knows everything about aviation, especiaaly ATC! Bet he's good at MS Simulator too!

VOTED IN FAVOR!

erj-145mech said:
When was the last time you had to verify landing gear down and locked?

I hear that atleast 3 times a week.. :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back