• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

On demand guys, how are things?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Reagan will turn over in his grave and we will all be required to read The Communist Manifesto... While McCain may not be the Reagan Republican we need, he would do much less damage to this great country than someone who wants to Socialize everything and redistribute wealth. The whole healthcare thing is what drives me nuts - why should responsible individuals be required to pay into a program that covers irresponsible individuals who require healthcare for their behavior initiated health problems??

Hey - a bailout worked for Fannie & Freddie. Once the Dems agree to throw $30 Bill or so at GM, Ford, & Chrysler, the US Dollar will be devalued and on par with a peso... Go vote for that Marxist Obama and more will be on the way. He'll take it from the oil companies as a so called "windfall profit", but what about the actors that make $20 Mill for a movie?, or what about the pharma companies that rake in a 20% profit margin?, or, what about the movie studio that raked in $450 Mill recently for a movie? Oh - you like the idea of public healthcare - look at the cancer mortality rates for countries that have public healthcare versus the rate in the US - it's anywhere from 15 to 30% higher in those countries with govt healthcare... Sorry for the rant...

Are people like you just trolling or are you really completely unable to connect the dots? Whose idea was the bailout of Freddie and Fannie and whose complete lack of regulatory oversight led to the absurd lending standards of the last 8 years? The Market didn't exactly work in this case did it? government intervention is unfortunately necessary at this point due to an unregulated and completely failed "market" environment. There was a lot of irony in today's stock market rally- it essentially rallied because the market thesis failed and the government had to bail them out.

I don't agree with a windfall profits tax, but people on both sides of the aisles are talking about that, oil companies are a popular whipping boy so politicians exploit that- nothing new. Your new VP pick Palin even currently reaps the benefit of them- http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/09/03/EDAR12MTTR.DTL

As for the cancer stuff, I have no idea where you people come up with this crap - http://www.pnhp.org/single_payer_resources/CAN_Comparison_Sheet.pdf

And whats your point about the pharmaceutical profits? that they should be government regulated? or what?

The final fascinating fact of Canada's health system is that the Canadian government, despite their health care being nationalized, *still* pays less per capita on healthcare than the U.S. government. (you can pull the per capita numbers from here - http://www.who.int/whosis/database/core/core_select_process.cfm?countries=all&indicators=nha )

All of this while having a lower infant mortality rate and a longer lifespan. Sounds like a total failure to me- a system that costs the taxpayer less money, costs the patient less money, guarantees equal care for everyone, and ensures higher quality in almost every statistically measurable field (but you gotta wait a few hours to see a doctor oh no socialized medicine has failed!)

Last edited:
Same here woog. Flew once last month and that was to cover for a broken Falcon. Have not had a trip this month yet but keeping the fingers crossed.

on demand always feast or famine,my low year,385 hrs,my high year,1234 hrs,both in the DC3. may things get better for you all brothers !

on demand always feast or famine,my low year,385 hrs,my high year,1234 hrs,both in the DC3. may things get better for you all brothers !

It's currently STARVATION. 250 hrs in a year and a half.

flew about 700 hours last year, this year looking at about 360 hours at this rate.

Latest resources

Back